Broaddus keeps suggesting there are medical concerns with Oregon C Jackson Powers-Johnson

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kiper hasn't had him in his 1st round mocks and Daniel Jeremiah had him dropping to Dallas.
Oddly enough in Kipers mock he does mention JPJ

24. Dallas Cowboys - Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma
How will the Cowboys replace long-time left tackle Tyron Smith, who just signed with the Jets? Based on their lack of moves over the past 10 days, they might be thinking this pick is their best bet. And looking at my rankings, they're probably right. Guyton, Amarius Mims (Georgia), Jordan Morgan (Arizona) and Roger Rosengarten (Washington) could all be in play in the final 10 picks of Round 1. Of those four, only Morgan played the majority of his snaps at left tackle, but I think Guyton has the highest ceiling. He started just 14 games in college; he has outstanding physical tools to mold.

Dallas also has a hole to fill at center, as Tyler Biadasz left in free agency. Jackson Powers-Johnson (Oregon) could be in play.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Perfect Cowboys pick. Just add Brooks in Round 2 and let’s roll!

JPM

Reaction score
Pre-existing injury you say ? Cowboys 2nd round pick the Jones boys say.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Completely unsubstantiated but......

Yeah from Matt Miller....

In talking to scouts over the past two weeks, it sounds like teams are not as high on Oregon center Jackson Powers-Johnson as the media consensus. JPJ had a strong early performance at the Senior Bowl before leaving the second practice with a hamstring injury. It was that early impression that saw him rise up draft boards. He followed that up with a good showing in position drills at the combine but didn't participate in most of the other drills -- he did only the bench press and vertical/broad jumps -- before shutting it down. The feedback I've received from teams is that while he might go in the first round, it's unlikely that he would be selected in the top 25 picks based on where teams are ranking him.

tm1119

Reaction score
I agree that the JPJ hype train definitely ran off the rails at some point. He’s for sure a good prospect, but the top 20 talk is a bit too much in my opinion. Power is great, but if you look at almost all of the elite OC’s they excel at getting out in space and blocking at the 2nd level. JPJ can do that some, but he’s definitely better at mauling in a phone booth. Tyler Linderbaum was a better prospect and went 25th…we’ll see where JPJ goes.

And while we’re at, Graham Barton is getting overrated too. He’s an early-mid 2nd round prospect.