Twitter: Broaddus likes McGovern over Williams as LG

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unfortunately you gotta have some of those guys in the salary cap era.

Also, NFL offensive lineman are terrible in general. IF you have a good one you're lucky.

Most teams don't invest in their oline.

When you pay WR's, RB's, QB's, youre gonna have guys like Connor Williams on your football team.

I am sure, you can find a blue light special somewhere in the NFL, that is better. Of course, Williams could leave Dallas and become a better player.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally what I would like to see if Connor work at OT even if it is a backup role next year. McGovern at G, Tyler Biadasz C, Martin G and Collins at OT. Big question mark will be Tyron Smith.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am sure, you can find a blue light special somewhere in the NFL, that is better. Of course, Williams could leave Dallas and become a better player.

He gets manhandled. That's always been his problem.

If he gets stronger than he could always get better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why they insist on playing Connor Williams at G, or anywhere for that matter.
They drafted him with the idea of making him stronger, did you see that on display in NY? Just another poor 2nd round pick.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He gets manhandled. That's always been his problem.

If he gets stronger than he could always get better.

The thought this year was that he had gotten stronger. Maybe, he needs one more off season.

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
Tyron. McGovern. Biadisz. Martin. Collins

Williams(backup at C, G and T)
Knight

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Williams was supposed to be our best OL left this year, but he got run over yesterday.

Those aren't mutually exclusive ideas. Williams was our best olineman. He was a *good* LG. And he can get run over by power.

Williams has problems drive blocking in short yardage against power, particularly off the snap. But few players have no flaws. Williams is good in motion, good getting to the 2nd level, and good in pass protection.

We could take Williams out as LG in short yardage, and play McGovern instead. Make Williams our jumbo TE in short yardage. Teach him some 3 yard routes and how to catch the ball.

Williams showed he can be a *good* LG this year. Not perfect. But good. Should be better next year.

Williams should cross train at T/Jumbo TE. McGovern should cross train at C. Then between Biadasz, McGovern, and Williams, we can play the best 2 out of 3 at LG and C, and maybe do more interesting things in jumbo packages. They're all starters in this league, and we should make the most of them.