Broaddus: McFadden’s Solid Play, McClain’s Struggles Among Thoughts

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why was Patmon inactive yesterday. Did he fall that far on the depth chart.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
This was the one thing that stood out to me from watching the game on tv:

Didn't feel that Tyrone Crawford played one of his better games. At that under-tackle position you have got to be a disruptive player and be a handful for the offensive linemen to have to deal with. There just appeared to be too many times, especially in the first half, when his pad level playing the run was much too high and the blockers were able to wash him out of the hole.

I was hoping he would have really been a handful for the Giants interior....alas, he wasn't.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Carr is pretty mediocre but in this case he "stopped" because he got pushed off.
The league is allowing that nonsense hand fighting to go on so it wasn't called but it is a 50/50 deal at best.

Yeah, the only reason he had to make a 1 handed grab is because his other hand was pushing off. He basically stiff armed Carr to get separation.

OBJ loves to do the same thing, i'm pretty sure he tried to do it on Carr on that endzone toss, but Carr broke it up anyway.

I dont know how that isnt OPI but okay.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Again, I disagree. Randle makes the catch with one hand. You can defend a one-hand catch if you're in the right position. Carr is step for step with Randle, then he slows down allowing Randle to get distance on him. Even then, the pass doesn't drop into Randle's hands. He has to reach out for it with one hand. Great catch, no doubt. But still defensible in my book.

Check the All-22 bro, Randle fully extends his arm into Carr, pushing himself forward and slowing Carr. It's the whole reason 1) He was only able to get one hand out for the ball and 2) He was anywhere near being able to catch a ball that was overthrown.

Had he not pushed off that ball is a couple yards ahead of his out stretched arm. I think Carr still needs to play better, but that one wasn't on him. The Giants have perfected that one arm push off after they're past the ref. That ODB grab last year should have been offensive interference too.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Again, I disagree. Randle makes the catch with one hand. You can defend a one-hand catch if you're in the right position. Carr is step for step with Randle, then he slows down allowing Randle to get distance on him. Even then, the pass doesn't drop into Randle's hands. He has to reach out for it with one hand. Great catch, no doubt. But still defensible in my book.

We can agree Carr is not doing a great job of playing his position. He is serviceable but that is all.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah, the only reason he had to make a 1 handed grab is because his other hand was pushing off. He basically stiff armed Carr to get separation.

OBJ loves to do the same thing, i'm pretty sure he tried to do it on Carr on that endzone toss, but Carr broke it up anyway.

I dont know how that isnt OPI but okay.

ODB also uses that move to "fake" contact and get PI, holding and illegal contact calls.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Check the All-22 bro, Randle fully extends his arm into Carr, pushing himself forward and slowing Carr. It's the whole reason 1) He was only able to get one hand out for the ball and 2) He was anywhere near being able to catch a ball that was overthrown.

Had he not pushed off that ball is a couple yards ahead of his out stretched arm. I think Carr still needs to play better, but that one wasn't on him. The Giants have perfected that one arm push off after they're past the ref. That ODB grab last year should have been offensive interference too.

I'll have to check the video. I do recall one play where the Giants receive pushes off but gets a no-call. I just can't remember if it was this one. If that's the case, however, I stand corrected.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'll have to check the video. I do recall one play where the Giants receive pushes off but gets a no-call. I just can't remember if it was this one. If that's the case, however, I stand corrected.

There was a play where Beckham tried to make it look like Carr was holding him, by putting his arm on Carr, except Carr had his arms up in the air the whole time. It was ridiculous. Beckham even complains to the ref and Carr afterward.

I hate the Giants and I am not a Coughlin fan, but I can't help appreciating their approach to the game. Much like the Patriots, they know what they can get away with on both sides of the ball and they're willing to walk that line.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There was a play where Beckham tried to make it look like Carr was holding him, by putting his arm on Carr, except Carr had his arms up in the air the whole time. It was ridiculous. Beckham even complains to the ref and Carr afterward.

I hate the Giants and I am not a Coughlin fan, but I can't help appreciating their approach to the game. Much like the Patriots, they know what they can get away with on both sides of the ball and they're willing to walk that line.

Then we need to teach our guys to do the same.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Then we need to teach our guys to do the same.

Garret isn't Coughlin and certainly isn't Belicheck.

I've gained a little more confidence in Linehan the last two games with how he's used guys. His use of Whitehead was huge yesterday. I still don't have much faith in Garrett though. Clap clap clap *** pat, is getting a little old, especially when it comes after a blown coverage or other poorly executed play. I just don't see any sense of urgency or accountability from the players or coaches.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't think it was the perfect throw. If Carr is step for step with him, he at least is able to break up a pass that is caught by Randle with one hand. At least that's my opinion.

It wasn't quite a perfect throw in the sense that Randle had to reach with one hand and make the catch. But if Carr played the coverage correctly, the throw was in a spot where only Randle could catch it.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
They are playing a lot more man this season from what I see.

It's really zone with man principles. Depending on the play it could be seen as Cover 3 or Cover 1. The outside corners are playing more man, but everybody else is mostly playing zone.

YR