Twitter: Broaddus Tweet on trade up call to 6

DFWJC

Reaction score
It doesn't name sense. If Detroit, Carolina or Denver takes Parsons than one of the corners would be there or even Sewell. Only 9 players can be drafted in the first 9 picks
Yeah, it sounds like they did really like Parsons, but that trade up would've been to get ahead of Detroit for Sewell.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like they did really like Parsons, but that trade up would've been to get ahead of Detroit for Sewell.
I don't believe that they tried to trade to 6 for Sewell. Can't convince me unless you have evidence

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It doesn't name sense. If Detroit, Carolina or Denver takes Parsons than one of the corners would be there or even Sewell. Only 9 players can be drafted in the first 9 picks

Well if it doesnt make sense it would be even more believable. Just think about our FO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't believe that they tried to trade to 6 for Sewell. Can't convince me unless you have evidence
I didn't say they did.
But people are saying they looked i to it—which teams should always do, serious or not.
And Im saying IF they did it would've been for Sewell before Parsons.

Bluefin

Reaction score

Fisher asked the question about moving up to get one of the CBs in the post-draft presser last night and was met with an immediate hard "No" from Stephen Jones.

Stephen explained they got a 3rd from Philly to move down 2 spots, so you could imagine what it would cost to move up to #6.

Too prohibitive.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The cost to move from 10 to 6 is a late 2nd round pick according to the draft value charts. That would have been a costly move. Given all the needs this team has on defense, it would have been a tragic mistake too. Dropping 2 spots and picking up a 3rd rounder makes much more sense.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I didn't say they did.
But people are saying they looked i to it—which teams should always do, serious or not.
And Im saying IF they did it would've been for Sewell before Parsons.
I don't think it was for Sewell. I'm not saying they didn't call and see what it would cost to move up to 6 cause that I believe. The part I don't believe is you're saying it was for Sewell. It is more believable for Parsons, Surtain or Horn

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Broaddus said 2 weeks ago Parsons was not a direction they were going. Makes me rethink listening to the draft show.
It’s McCarthy forte. He did it in Green Bay would barely interview or speak with possible first rounders. I have a friend that was a scout for Green Bay and that was his thing. And he’s done it here now 2 years in a row. Did a small talk or quick interview just once.