Broaduss Tweet re: Cordarelle Patterson?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm guessing he was talking about Patterson not DeSean Jackson, but interesting (but not surprising) the Cowboys have some apparent interest in him.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I remember we liked him coming out of Tennessee that year. Had he made it to #31 he *may* have been the pick over Frederick. He does seem like the type of WR we like. Tall fast guy who can beat a defense deep as opposed to great route running or hands. Dez, Miles, TO, Roy Williams and Terrence Williams all fit that mold to some extent, and before people bash me about the hands remark, all the WRs I mentioned could come down with some circus catches but aren't immune to the occasional easy drop.

I think we'll be disappointed if we pay him like a #2 WR, he's not better than TWilliams, and while he's a dynamic KR, he does NOT return punts. I guess we'll see.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I remember we liked him coming out of Tennessee that year. Had he made it to #31 he *may* have been the pick over Frederick. He does seem like the type of WR we like. Tall fast guy who can beat a defense deep as opposed to great route running or hands. Dez, Miles, TO, Roy Williams and Terrence Williams all fit that mold to some extent, and before people bash me about the hands remark, all the WRs I mentioned could come down with some circus catches but aren't immune to the occasional easy drop.

I think we'll be disappointed if we pay him like a #2 WR, he's not better than TWilliams, and while he's a dynamic KR, he does NOT return punts. I guess we'll see.

I remember the same.

Listening to the Break it sounds as if the team is ready to move in another direction from Lucky Whitehead. I think you could Patterson end up signing for something 10-15% better than what Dwayne Harris got from the Giants.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I remember the same.

Listening to the Break it sounds as if the team is ready to move in another direction from Lucky Whitehead. I think you could Patterson end up signing for something 10-15% better than what Dwayne Harris got from the Giants.

Which i would do except Patterson does not return punts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember the same.

Keep in mind that Patterson does not return punts, only kickoffs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm guessing he was talking about Patterson not DeSean Jackson, but interesting (but not surprising) the Cowboys have some apparent interest in him.

I really like him in that draft, but the Cowboys #2 WR needs to be a good route runner that understands the scheme. Patterson would be OK as a #4 WR but will likely be too expensive for that.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
I would just go light on the bonus money.

Also interesting...

Cordarrelle Patterson wants to play RB next season
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...ants_to_play_rb_next_season/s1_12680_23087902

The Minnesota Vikings have struggled to find a role for Cordarrelle Patterson since he was brought in as a first-round pick out of Tennessee in 2013.

After watching the Green Bay Packers turn receiver Ty Montgomery into a running back this past season out of necessity, Patterson would love the chance to move into a similar role in 2017.

“I’ve been wanting to play running back,” Patterson said this week in an appearance on the podcast Pardon My Take (h/t Chad Graff of TwinCities.com)

There has never been any doubt about his ability to make game-changing plays when he has the ball in his hands. This became evident early in his career when he parlayed his talents into a prominent role as a kickoff return man - something he’s continued to do throughout his four-year career.

“I would love to play running back,” Patterson said on the podcast. “I think any receiver in my position would love to play running back. People always say, ‘He’s just a running back when he gets the ball in his hands.’ ”

When given limited opportunities to run the ball on jet sweeps or even as a primary running back, Patterson has delivered. With 333 yards and four touchdowns on 31 career carries (10.7 yards per carry), he’s clearly a tremendously explosive option out of the backfield.

Could be a useful utility player for us, taking snaps given to Whitehead and Williams, but even backing up Elliott. Ultimately I think Williams' contribution will just get funneled to more Dez, more Cole, more Zeke, and more Gold Jacket Witten. Not gonna stress over the 5th option on offense. QBs make the WR.