Brock Osweiler

robjay04

Reaction score
Even if he does leave Denver, zero chance he signs with us.

He has shown enough to get an opportunity to start day one somewhere and he will also get starting QB money. The position will be addressed but we are not going to pay a big contract to a backup.

Josh McCown got a contract paying him 5 million a year after a few good games, he was 35. Expect Oswelier to get an amount well north of that figure annually.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even if he does leave Denver, zero chance he signs with us.

He has shown enough to get an opportunity to start day one somewhere and he will also get starting QB money. The position will be addressed but we are not going to pay a big contract to a backup.

Josh McCown got a contract paying him 5 million a year after a few good games, he was 35. Expect Oswelier to get an amount well north of that figure annually.

Foles is getting 12 per. I expect Osweiler to be north of that even

I can see a 2 year, 26 million dollar extension from Denver before he hits the market. And if he plays at a high level in 2016, he will get a long term extetention that offseason.

I think he could get around 15 for a long term deal now. But he can get 18-20 a year after an extension in the 2017 offseason after a strong season

robjay04

Reaction score
Foles is getting 12 per. I expect Osweiler to be north of that even

I can see a 2 year, 26 million dollar extension from Denver before he hits the market. And if he plays at a high level in 2016, he will get a long term extetention that offseason.

I think he could get around 15 for a long term deal now. But he can get 18-20 a year after an extension in the 2017 off-season after a strong season

You are right, I actually saw the Nick Foles comparison after my post and thought it was spot on. Both were second round picks and have had limited success. Foles had a monster, pro bowl season under his belt though. A 2 year deal will be what would be in his best interest though and the Broncos as well.

Talking about this makes me realize what a bargain Romo's first contract was. He was in a similar situation but signed a long term deal, if he opted not to do that...he could've made a ton more.