Texas_Pete

Reaction score
6'8"
25 years old
129/214 (60.3%)
1,436 yards
8 TDs/4 INTs
6 games played

It's rumored that Denver might not pay him. He's an unrestricted FA. Do it Jerry?

RS12

Reaction score
I dont know how they can let him go. Manning looks like he is on his last legs.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
He ain't leaving Denver. Common sense should tell you that.

Well, I got the idea from ESPN

Adam Schefter said:
Denver's Brock Osweiler: Also on an expiring contract, his value is difficult to calculate. It's hard to imagine Denver will be willing to pay him as an elite starting quarterback, yet with all the teams in the league desperate at the position, someone will.

If Denver doesn't want to pay him as a budding star, he very well may walk.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Elway knows he can't afford not bringing him back, they need him to stay and be contenders in that division for years to come. If they want to depend on Manning as great as he is he looked done.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Foles gets 12 millions per year. He will get more then that if he hits the open market. Someone will offer 16 million a year

KB1122

Reaction score
Agree that the salary probably doesn't line up. It's also hard to think you should bring in a veteran when his team doesn't think he's a good enough player by the end of his rookie contract. Manziel is a little different, in that he still has time to grow a lot and the biggest knock on him is off the field.

But I also don't think it would be the worst thing we ever did.

yimyammer

Reaction score
If Denver let him walk, and I don't think they will, I'd have to pull a Mickey and wonder what they know that other teams don't

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Why would we pay him as a "budding star" just to have sit on the bench behind Romo for the next couple of years?

Well, Romo can't take a hit no more. It would be prudent to have a competent backup should he take another big hit and wreck our season like this year. Plus he's 36. How many years do you think he has left? Not many, I'm afraid.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
We arent going to pay him starting QB money to back up Romo

Green Bay paid their 1st round draft pick with a HOFer still on their roster. It was smart of them to do it too.

Bottom line, I don't want to go into another season depending on Romo not getting hurt again. It's just not smart.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Green Bay paid their 1st round draft pick with a HOFer still on their roster. It was smart of them to do it too.

Bottom line, I don't want to go into another season depending on Romo not getting hurt again. It's just not smart.

The price for Rodgers as a late first rounder isn't anywhere near what Osweiler is going. Late first round QB money at that time was just above backup money