Browns sign Givens.. HOAX?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
uhh...cheaters. thats 10 minutes early. or was givens cut?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
well aint that interesting

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Check out the date of the story. It says March 11th. It's still the 10th. WHo's running their website? Nostradamus?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I seriously doubt you'll see any "tampering" charges this yr...with all the delays there were in getting free agency going and all...most teams had alreayd had visits set up way before now, its pretty easy to guess they probably had deals in place as well

Givens had said all along he wanted to play for Crennel in Cleveland

David

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
theogt said:

He was listed as the #9 FA in this market.. on espn.. so I am guessing he was a FA not a cap cut earlier.

Jay

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even notice that date. I wonder what's up with that? Maybe this isn't real..?

Who knows. Who cares. No one I wanted. ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I seriously doubt you'll see any "tampering" charges this yr...with all the delays there were in getting free agency going and all...most teams had alreayd had visits set up way before now, its pretty easy to guess they probably had deals in place as well

Givens had said all along he wanted to play for Crennel in Cleveland

David
Lets just keep our fingers crossed that we had deal in place.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt said:

from some of the interviews the past day or two, sounds like we probably do...

I bet we'll have 2-3 signings this weekend

David

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
theogt said:

We will know in 5 min or so lol.. doubt anything is announced tonight.. but hopefully it will be.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Punter Zastudill signed there too. for "XX" years the writer left it blank to fill in later lol

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/5200.0.html

Zastudil
By Zac Jackson, Staff Writer
March 11, 2006

Dave Zastudil is coming home.

P Dave Zastudil

Photo By Getty Images

The Browns signed the Bay Village native and Ohio University graduate to a XX-year contract Saturday. Zastudil is expected to become the Browns' third punter in three years.

The Ravens drafted Zastudil in the fourth round in 2002; he replaced Kyle Richardson as the Ravens' punter, just as he's expected to do here. Zastudil has punted in 61 of 64 possible games, averaging 41.6 yards per punt.

His 43.5-yard average last season was a career best.

Zastudil, 27, missed three games in 2004 due to a shoulder injury but has been consistent and dependable otherwise. He was named to the Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team in 2002, set a Ravens record with a 67-yard punt in 2003, and - ironically - his 2004 punt against the Browns forced the Browns to start at their own 1-yard line, leading to the infamous Derrick Frost 7-yard punt and subsequent Ravens touchdown.

For his career, he's landed 89 punts inside the 20-yard line versus 32 touchbacks.

Zastudil was a football and baseball standout at Bay High School before heading to Ohio University, where he led the Mid-American Conference in punting four times. He graduated with a double major in finance and marketing.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i think the Commanders were interested in Givens so Good going Browns, :laugh2:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
MsCowboy said:
We will know in 5 min or so lol.. doubt anything is announced tonight.. but hopefully it will be.

I thought that the last 2 seasons. I'm glad I stayed up:laugh2:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Check out the date of the story. It says March 11th. It's still the 10th. WHo's running their website? Nostradamus?

Nope, I don't have anything to do with that Website. :D

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt said:

Speaking of tampering... didn't the Gnats announce signing Sam Madison early... or was he cut?

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
Does this signing signal the departure from cleveland of Antonio "The Jersey Chucker" Bryant?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
Does this signing signal the departure from cleveland of Antonio "The Jersey Chucker" Bryant?

I think he was leaving anyway. But yes, I think he is gone for sure.