Browns trying to ship Faine?

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Browns | Rumor alert: Team trying to trade Faine?
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:30:21 -0800
Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports there is some talk the Cleveland Browns are trying to trade OC Jeff Faine. He is a three-year starter and former first-round draft pick who is just 24 years old.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I really don't see much of the Browns...is he any good? Why are they trying to ship him?

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
He has been a major disappointment.

The same complaints about Al Johnson being too small and not strong enough would apply to Faine.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
RxMan said:
Because they signed Bentley.
Okay...duh

But was he any good? Meaning would he be an upgrade for us (which wouldn't be hard)?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy said:
He has been a major disappointment.

The same complaints about Al Johnson being too small and not strong enough would apply to Faine.
There's the answer I was looking for...Thanks.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I really don't see much of the Browns...is he any good? Why are they trying to ship him?

Q) why do you think they signed Bentley?

A) because Faine sux

also, this is exactly why IMO its a total waste of a 1st rd pick to draft interior OL (and I thik they even traded up to get him)

they'll be lucky to get a 7th rd pick for him

David

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Q) why do you think they signed Bentley?

A) because Faine sux

also, this is exactly why IMO its a total waste of a 1st rd pick to draft interior OL (and I thik they even traded up to get him)

they'll be lucky to get a 7th rd pick for him

David

I remember there was talk that we would trade down and pick Faine in that draft- I'm sure glad we didn't- first round OL is a waste.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Browns | Rumor alert: Team trying to trade Faine?
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:30:21 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports there is some talk the Cleveland Browns are trying to trade OC Jeff Faine. He is a three-year starter and former first-round draft pick who is just 24 years old.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396156

Are the Cowboys interested ya think??

ghst187

Reaction score
he was the #1 C coming out that year (and a mean SOB mauler) and someone I wanted us to take but not in the first. The Brownies got him and we ended up with the #2 C in AJ.
I read somewhere that Faine got injured or something and lost a bunch of weight which caused him to lose his power. I'm not sure if he has fully recovered or not. Of course if the toilet Browns don't want him....doubtful that I would either.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
If a team gives up on someone when he's only 24 years old and despite his being extremely intelligent, a really hard worker, and a nice guy, isn't that kind of a bad sign?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We already passed on Mawae and Bentley. Don't see us trading a pick to get this guy. Besides - we have a Kosier!