Brugler Mock of 2nd and 3rd Rounds

fivetwos

Reaction score
Let me ask people smarter than me something....

IF we took Delpit, is the Dix/Delpit combo doable or do they play the same position only?

I'm not sure which S spot Dix plays or which Delpit projects to. Thx

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

IF we took Delpit, is the Dix/Delpit combo doable or do they play the same position only?

Not claiming to be smarter than you, but that combo as your last line of defense is scary, and not in a good way.

Both are better suited as single high free safeties. I suppose Delpit could play slot CB though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They are both Free Safeties.

The Cowboys are moving Woods to SS but he is a better fit at FS.

2019 rookie Donovan Wilson appears to have some SS traits but he only played FS in the preseason games.

Darian Thompson started a full season as the Giants FS. He had to replace Heath at SS last season for multiple games due to an injury to Heath. Thompon's tackling was horrible.

It's a tossup on the most horrible example of tacking: Delpit in college or Thompson in 2019.

The Cowboys favorite Safety in the 2019 draft was Abram, who is clearly a Strong Safety type.

The Cowboys 2019 decision to draft DT Hill instead of Safety Thornhill was strongly influenced by the fact that they thought they had a good chance to draft Safety Will Harris in the 3rd round.
- They considered Harris as having the ability to play SS or FS. They considered Thornhill to only be a FS that was more likely to be able to play CB than SS.
- Harris started 6 games as a rookie.
- There was also a big 6-2, 214 CB that they really liked as a possible 3rd round pick. I was always curious if they were projecting that player to Safety.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not claiming to be smarter than you, but that combo as your last line of defense is scary, and not in a good way.

Both are better suited as single high free safeties. I suppose Delpit could play slot CB though.

Delpit seems a bit stiff to play CB. Both McKinney and even big Safety Chinn show more CB type traits in terms of fluidity of movement.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Delpit seems a bit stiff to play CB. Both McKinney and even big Safety Chinn show more CB type traits in terms of fluidity of movement.
For all the crap we give him as a tackler, he's actually had quite a bit of success lined up in the slot. He's a good blitzer and had really good #'s when targeted there in the pass game.

But I would prefer McKinney. I know Chinn's your guy, but he's more of a project to me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For all the crap we give him as a tackler, he's actually had quite a bit of success lined up in the slot. He's a good blitzer and had really good #'s when targeted there in the pass game.

But I would prefer McKinney. I know Chinn's your guy, but he's more of a project to me.

It is always hard to know how much to de-rate a player for being a small school guy.

I do really like Chinn's fluidity of movement for a Safety. He is more fluid than many Safeties despite being 6-3, 220.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Fulton, Delpit, Diggs, Gallimore, Davis, Blacklock, and Madibuike are ALL still available when Dallas picks at 51, that would be amazing!
Any of them works.
Can't believe that he thinks Higgins--possibly the next Plex Burrus--will still be there at 62. Dane's off on that one.
Like I said....Brugler was way off on Tee Higgins
1st player taken Rd2
It happenes

Kaiser

Reaction score
Bumping this thread just on the chance we draft Burgess and I can bask in the reflected glory of Brugler calling our 2nd and 3rd round picks.