Brugler's Big Board 3.0: Top 100

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Brugler Big Board 3.0: Top 100
April 3, 2018 2018 NFL Draft, Big Board, By Dane Brugler, Dane Brugler, Draft, NFL Draft,NFLDraftScout.com

http://nfldraftscout.com/2018/04/03/brugler-big-board-30-top-100/

— By Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com —

Just weeks away from the 2018 NFL Draft, the top 50 draft board expands to 100, including continued rises for several prospects, notably Maryland wide receiver D.J. Moore.

10301307-300x229.jpg

Rang Mock 3.2: Allen No. 1
Brugler Mock 3.0: Darnold No. 1
–Photo Credit: Troy Babbitt-USA TODAY Sports
The former Terp won’t pass Alabama’s Calvin Ridley for the top spot among receivers, but he has closed ground and it wouldn’t be a surprise if some teams prefer his 210-pound frame over the 190-pound Ridley. Both are worthy of top 20 draft consideration.

Rankings (height, weight, 40-yard dash time, jersey number)

1. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (6-5, 325, 5.23, #56)
A player with few weaknesses, Nelson has elite play strength and heavy hands to control defenders in the run game, bulldozing anything in his way. He also has the body control, range and instincts to be above average in pass protection. Nelson won’t go No. 1 in the draft, but he’s the draft’s best football player

cnuball21

Reaction score
Brugler Big Board 3.0: Top 100
April 3, 2018 2018 NFL Draft, Big Board, By Dane Brugler, Dane Brugler, Draft, NFL Draft,NFLDraftScout.com

http://nfldraftscout.com/2018/04/03/brugler-big-board-30-top-100/

— By Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com —

Just weeks away from the 2018 NFL Draft, the top 50 draft board expands to 100, including continued rises for several prospects, notably Maryland wide receiver D.J. Moore.

10301307-300x229.jpg

Rang Mock 3.2: Allen No. 1
Brugler Mock 3.0: Darnold No. 1
–Photo Credit: Troy Babbitt-USA TODAY Sports
The former Terp won’t pass Alabama’s Calvin Ridley for the top spot among receivers, but he has closed ground and it wouldn’t be a surprise if some teams prefer his 210-pound frame over the 190-pound Ridley. Both are worthy of top 20 draft consideration.

Rankings (height, weight, 40-yard dash time, jersey number)

1. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (6-5, 325, 5.23, #56)
A player with few weaknesses, Nelson has elite play strength and heavy hands to control defenders in the run game, bulldozing anything in his way. He also has the body control, range and instincts to be above average in pass protection. Nelson won’t go No. 1 in the draft, but he’s the draft’s best football player

Brugler is the man, best in the business IMO.

Only surprises for me would be Moore and Davenport in the top 20, those dudes should be 2nd rounders IMO.

cowboyec

Reaction score
His board suggest a Guard at 19, with Wynn, Hernandez and Daniels all in that range.
in that scenario,its Daniels.
Wynn is not an official 30 invite and Hernandez was removed from the list.

cowboyec

Reaction score
DaRon Payne ranked 33rd......please let the 18 teams in front of us feel the same.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
hope so.
hope Arkansas C/G Frank Ragnow gets one too.
If I remember correctly, Stephen Jones at the Combine said they wouldn’t rule out a Guard like Martin, one who could become pro bowl level. Was he talking about another former tackle making the switch-Wynn

cowboyec

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Stephen Jones at the Combine said they wouldn’t rule out a Guard like Martin, one who could become pro bowl level. Was he talking about another former tackle making the switch-Wynn
maybe.
or Connor Williams?

cowboyec

Reaction score
its gonna be an interesting draft night.
Ridley.
Payne.
LVE.
Connor Williams.
Daniels.

ksg811

Reaction score
His board suggest a Guard at 19, with Wynn, Hernandez and Daniels all in that range.

DJ Moore is ranked above any of them. Receiver is a need whether some of the posters here believe it or not.

Of the 6 likely to make the team(Dez, Hurns, Williams, Beasley, Thompson, Switzer), 2 are free agents after the year and Williams is on his way out next offseason and Dez is still a question mark. That leaves 2 or 3 receivers on next year’s roster (Switzer, Hurns, maybe Dez?). With the amount of money FA receivers are getting, you have to rebuild through the draft.

Moore is the best receiver in the draft, in my opinion and is a perfect fit for the “Dak-friendly” offense. There’s also typically a year learning curve for receivers so that gets him ready for next year’s depleted group. I think the talent difference between that group and the 3rd round linemen is minimal. There’s a much bigger talent discrepancy between Moore and the mid-round receivers, and makes him the better value.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
DJ Moore is ranked above any of them. Receiver is a need whether some of the posters here believe it or not.

Of the 6 likely to make the team(Dez, Hurns, Williams, Beasley, Thompson, Switzer), 2 are free agents after the year and Williams is on his way out next offseason and Dez is still a question mark. That leaves 2 or 3 receivers on next year’s roster (Switzer, Hurns, maybe Dez?). With the amount of money FA receivers are getting, you have to rebuild through the draft.

Moore is the best receiver in the draft, in my opinion and is a perfect fit for the “Dak-friendly” offense. There’s also typically a year learning curve for receivers so that gets him ready for next year’s depleted group. I think the talent difference between that group and the 3rd round linemen is minimal. There’s a much bigger talent discrepancy between Moore and the mid-round receivers, and makes him the better value.
I have zero issues taking Moore. The team has to rebuild the entire unit, why not draft the best run after catch receiver in the draft. I would like to draft two, with second being Callloway with our 4th comp

morasp

Reaction score
That would be fantastic if it really fell that way. With Evans, Vander Esch, Vea, Bryan, and Payne all available we could take our pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
As the draft in 2015 approached, I became more disappointed as I realized we were going to use the 4th pick on a TB.

I am getting that same feeling here. That we are going to use the 19th pick on an OG.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
So much for D.J. Moore being “nowhere near the BPA at 19”.

Dane has him ranked 14th as is. Remove the QBs & Saquon Barkley and he moves into the top 10.

He’s ranked ahead of guys like Edmunds, Hurst, Wynn, Hernandez, Evans, Vander Esch, Vea, Payne, Williams, etc.

What position has dominated most of our visits? WR. Who’s the “Dak Friendliest” receiver? D.J. Moore. Who has the most team visits? D.J. Moore. Who’s a potential top player we’re hoping the QBs and offensive linemen push down to us? I don’t know, maybe the best WR in this class - D.J. Moore.

The stars are aligning, but of course the mock drafts will have to catch up before the fans realize he’s far from a reach. Nevermind coming to that conclusion on your own. ;)