Bryan Broaddus, any updates with him not on Talkin' Cowboys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
In terms of how many projects she actually is detail leveled on, Thanksgiving is the main one. Derek gives her numbers and is the actual manager of the show. Yes if there is a PR issue she may get involved but she’s not planning topics for each show.

Her main day to day responsibility is community relations. The title has her “overseeing” other things as well. Brand officer would infer she’s in charge of all logo placement around the world. I highly doubt she works with approving each vendor that wants to sell Cowboys apparell

A brand officer oversees a company’s image and experience.

robjay04

Reaction score
I think Mickey is about 10 years older than Broaddus.

I doubt if Broaddus is planning to retire before Gallup gets a contract.

It was likely just a figure of speech.

Mickey is a lifer though. He’ll

This is just a convenient job for Broaddus to raise his kid versus being a scout.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mickey is a lifer though. He’ll

This is just a convenient job for Broaddus to raise his kid versus being a scout.

Broaddus is only about 55 now. If he retires in the next 5 years it will be because they pushed him out the door.

I would not be shocked if he took a Sports Talk Radio job. Some of those likely pay way more.

I've been a critic of Broaddus but he actually does a really good job on the pre-season radio broadcast (Babe does TV in the pre-season).

Zordon

Reaction score
I can definitely see Broaddus getting worn down and retiring. They work him to death over there from the podcasts, articles, video breakdowns, radio stuff. They need to get another real football guy over there that can spell him some.

Dre11

Reaction score
I like Broaddus because there’s X’s and O’s talk aside from the usual radio talk show topics like are on the Fan. I can’t stand guys like Cavanaugh who think numbers are everything and you should never run.
I'm with Cavanaugh is terrible.

Dre11

Reaction score
I've liked Mickey for many years, but he does take it to the extreme which gets a little old.

Mickey comes with facts, i listen everyday, he always have the numbers, and the whole panel goes to him when they need those facts. Many people don't like him because they facts don't line up with their thinking

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yesss.... seriously i can' t listen to the break anymore because of ambar. She makes good sense in her arguments, but her delivery burns my ears and i just can't take it. Her voice is just not good for radio period.......Maybe Spanish language cowboys content would better suit her.

And regarding talkin cowboys, whats up with continuously putting that nebbie guy on the show? I guess one of my pet peeves is the delivery of radio content to my ears. Can't nebbie just email his question to the show instead of taking 5 minutes to ask a simple question?

Finally, HWTB has become the only bearable podcast to listen to on dc.com and even that is tough to listen too when Nate starts acting like a child with ADD........thank got Jesse Holley is on the show. Hes become the new broaddus to me. Shannon is an entertaining and fun host too....

I agree Nebbie should just email his questions. I don’t listen to The Break live so I just fast forward through his questions. Haven’t heard Ray from Fort Worth call in, in awhile maybe they stopped taking his calls. Got tired of his long rants. Ambar would definitely be better suited for Spanish language Cowboys telecasts. Not a big fan listening to Nate Newton. He’s got a personality but his grammar can wear on you. When he says “good” it sounds like “goooooo.” Only the Cowboys would give him a TV job.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I agree Nebbie should just email his questions. I don’t listen to The Break live so I just fast forward through his questions. Haven’t heard Ray from Fort Worth call in, in awhile maybe they stopped taking his calls. Got tired of his long rants. Ambar would definitely be better suited for Spanish language Cowboys telecasts. Not a big fan listening to Nate Newton. He’s got a personality but his grammar can wear on you. When he says “good” it sounds like “goooooo.” Only the Cowboys would give him a TV job.
I kinda enjoy Rays rants btw. He hasnt called in a while...i guess because it pisses mickey off a lot.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
it bothers you that they spend less than 5 minutes a week allowing somebody with a disability to ask a question on the phone?

:huh:
I have no problems with a disabled person asking a question to the show, just do it in another form (twitter/email), and maybe give other callers a chance to get on the air.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He posted another Scouts eye but notice he’s only doing it with the TV copy. He used to also do one the day after using coaches film.

So he’s not in the building at all. I think this game was the least I cared about in awhile because I refuse to listen to “talk radio” where every host knows more than the coach. Broaddus at least would provide X’s and O’s reasons for stuff. Guess I’m Just going to have to wait for a week each time to get my Cowboys fix.

Guys like Cavanaugh drive me up the wall with their pro football focus numbers. As if the game is played on a spreadsheet.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-gallup-delivers-quinn-disruptive

king987

Reaction score
He posted another Scouts eye but notice he’s only doing it with the TV copy. He used to also do one the day after using coaches film.

So he’s not in the building at all. I think this game was the least I cared about in awhile because I refuse to listen to “talk radio” where every host knows more than the coach. Broaddus at least would provide X’s and O’s reasons for stuff. Guess I’m Just going to have to wait for a week each time to get my Cowboys fix.

Guys like Cavanaugh drive me up the wall with their pro football focus numbers. As if the game is played on a spreadsheet.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-gallup-delivers-quinn-disruptive

Hard to believe it's total coincidence, but his name isn't even on the actual article. If you look at previous Scout Notebook articles, his name and picture are on them.

I get giving people their privacy, but it is just odd how they're treating this situation, which is why people are jumping to assumptions.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Hard to believe it's total coincidence, but his name isn't even on the actual article. If you look at previous Scout Notebook articles, his name and picture are on them.

I get giving people their privacy, but it is just odd how they're treating this situation, which is why people are jumping to assumptions.
Interesting. I saw he tweeted it so I was assuming it’s him

king987

Reaction score
Interesting. I saw he tweeted it so I was assuming it’s him

Oh, I think it's his work. In fact, the article is under his personal page on the Cowboys website. But the actual article itself doesn't have his name or photo on it, whereas all the previous ones did.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Helman noted the other day that he's out due to a personal matter and that they weren't in a position to make a comment. Said that he's fine health wise.

I noticed he was still writing for the website, because of the mailbag segments, but really who knows at this point. Either way, he needs to come back. He's a godsend when it comes to the combine and draft because he knows his stuff. The other guys, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.