Bryan Broaddus on the Dallas Cowboys 2024 NFL Draft

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I liked the material on Kneeland. I like Kneeland better than before.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Good stuff. Skip the first 9:00 BS fest to get into the draft review.

I especially liked the part about Liufau vs. running back and the Cowboys sticking to their board.

That guy is kind of annoying with the endless interruptions, usually to no informational purpose.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Good stuff. Skip the first 9:00 BS fest to get into the draft review.

I especially liked the part about Liufau vs. running back and the Cowboys sticking to their board.

Too much BSing, can't just talk football

Creeper

Reaction score
I think they hit the nail on the head with the Kneeland pick. The Cowboys run stopping issues are as much about the DEs as they are about the DTs and LBs. The Cardinals game for example where the Cards ran for 222 yards, almost all over it was outside the tackles, most around the Cardinals left side. The problems was no containment outside. Watching Armstrong and Fowler get shoved around be TEs was tough on the eyes. Kneeland is a guy that I think will not get pushed around by TEs. He will give the pursuit a chance to catch up on the outside runs.

As for the Guyton pick, I differ with the Cowboys on the value of OT vs C. Yes, I think it is harder to find OTs because of the size, speed, athleticism required, but OCs need to be quick and smart too. It is a critically important position. The C anchors the entire line. Part of the rushing problems the Cowboys offense had is Biadasz is not a bulldozer. HE was solid, but they need someone stronger at C in the NFC East where we see some of the best DT combinations in the NFL. In any case, the Cowboys have been lucky with finding OTs. Maybe that luck continues with Guyton.

I liked Barton a lot. But Beebe might turn out to be just as good.

The real issues for me with this draft is the Liufau pick. I would have taken a RB but based purely on need and not best player. But failing to get a RB was not the only problem. They did not get a DT until the 7th round and that could wind up being a problem this year too.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don’t understand the Broaddus love. I think the guy is a total clown. He has zero credibility to me.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think they hit the nail on the head with the Kneeland pick. The Cowboys run stopping issues are as much about the DEs as they are about the DTs and LBs. The Cardinals game for example where the Cards ran for 222 yards, almost all over it was outside the tackles, most around the Cardinals left side. The problems was no containment outside. Watching Armstrong and Fowler get shoved around be TEs was tough on the eyes. Kneeland is a guy that I think will not get pushed around by TEs. He will give the pursuit a chance to catch up on the outside runs.

As for the Guyton pick, I differ with the Cowboys on the value of OT vs C. Yes, I think it is harder to find OTs because of the size, speed, athleticism required, but OCs need to be quick and smart too. It is a critically important position. The C anchors the entire line. Part of the rushing problems the Cowboys offense had is Biadasz is not a bulldozer. HE was solid, but they need someone stronger at C in the NFC East where we see some of the best DT combinations in the NFL. In any case, the Cowboys have been lucky with finding OTs. Maybe that luck continues with Guyton.

I liked Barton a lot. But Beebe might turn out to be just as good.

The real issues for me with this draft is the Liufau pick. I would have taken a RB but based purely on need and not best player. But failing to get a RB was not the only problem. They did not get a DT until the 7th round and that could wind up being a problem this year too.
It will be interesting on how good the centers will be. Barton, Powers-Johnson, Frazier, and Beebe. They could have traded back again and drafted Powers-Johnson or Frazier and drafted a running back with the extra pick. They then could put Beebe at left guard and Tyler Smith at left tackle, and either Powers-Johnson or Frazier at center and have a rookie running back.

gtb1943

Reaction score
He was a scout and part of super bowl teams. He ran drafts for teams. He has actual experience in the league unlike most commentators. Pretty easy to understand why he has credibility.
one of the first things BP did when he became HC was to fire broadus. Think on that

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was a scout and part of super bowl teams. He ran drafts for teams. He has actual experience in the league unlike most commentators. Pretty easy to understand why he has credibility.
I think he ran 1 draft

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The real issues for me with this draft is the Liufau pick. I would have taken a RB but based purely on need and not best player.
The Cowboys felt the had to have a LB and valued that more than getting a RB.

It's just that simple. The fact there were offers to trade down, draft a RB or draft Liufau should tell everyone how they feel about him. They don't like him, they love him.