Bryan Broaddus on the Dallas Cowboys 2024 NFL Draft

gtb1943

Reaction score
Broadus is not incompetent; just not as good as some here think he is.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He was a scout and part of super bowl teams. He ran drafts for teams. He has actual experience in the league unlike most commentators. Pretty easy to understand why he has credibility.
Except he ran himself out of the league and is now a couch scout. Further if you listen to him he is often wrong and can be rather rude and dismissive with fans.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Considering his experience and knowledge about football and the NFL, that is a bold statement.
1. He sucked as a scout. That’s why he got fired and never went back.
2. His “knowledge” is limited as he is often wrong.
3. I am by no means alone in this opinion.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Broadus is not incompetent; just not as good as some here think he is.
His strength is breaking down a player and telling you their strengths and weaknesses. His weakness is projecting a player that has things that can be developed. Like Tyler Smith & now Guyton as examples.

He probably should have been a pro player personnel guy, identifying free agents.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It took 10 minutes before they even started talking about the Cowboys. Once they finally started talking about the Cowboys, Broaddus began to divert to something else. He seemed more interested in talking about other things. After speeding up the video several times from boredom I stopped listening.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Broaddus claims he got fired over not shutting up about not signing Charles Woodson (which he was a big proponent for)
fact that no one else ever hired him says otherwise
and that just shows how stupid he is acting like that with Bill Parcells

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is an aspect of these drafts where they are like life support for Dak's career. Someone needs to just pull the plug and put him out of our misery.

chicago JK

Reaction score
fact that no one else ever hired him says otherwise
and that just shows how stupid he is acting like that with Bill Parcells
I have no dog in this fight. I will say a scout is a tough job. I am sure he spent quite a few years away from his family. He appears to have a pretty good job right now. I look at some of the national guys like Daniel Jeremiah. He is in a much better position now. Look at those draft rooms and sometimes you see 40 guys. That job is a grind. If you love it, it is great. But I would imagine the stress and burnout are pretty high.