BTB:2011 Cowboys Training Camp Dates Tentatively Set

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
by One.Cool.Customer on Jun 4, 2011 5:30 AM CDT in Dallas Cowboys News

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/6/4/2206190/2011-cowboys-training-camp-dates-tentatively-set

Tom Orsborn from the San Antonio Express News filed a report yesterday in which he quoted a city official saying the Cowboys have informed the city of San Antonio that the Cowboys training camp would tentatively run from July 25 through August 13 at the Alamodome, assuming a positive resolution to the current labor situation.

"Those are the dates they have communicated to us, and I don't think we have any choice but to hold those dates," said Michael Sawaya, director of the city's convention, sports and entertainment facilities department. "I don’t think anyone is in a position to say definitively whether there is going to be a season or not. All we know is that if there is going to be a season, they plan to be here and we have to be ready."

"We don’t have damages in the contract," Sawaya said. "We hold the dome for them for no rent. (Labor problems) aren’t the types of things you can really anticipate."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Actually Mr. Sawaya, that is exactly the types of things you should anticipate and protect yourself from.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I guess we have a date to countdown to. Come mid july if theres not significant progress made, we can assume they will miss the July 25 date.

Its the final countdown.