News: BTB: Around the NFL: Eli sacked by a ghost; no Luck in Indy

NewsBot

Reaction score
849247194.0.jpg

While the Colts struggle without Andrew Luck, our rivals in the Big Apple struggle to block anyone...including phantom pass rushers.

Eli Manning somehow took a sack without getting touched Andrew Joseph, USA Today

Eli Manning’s pass protection was an issue all night against the Lions. It got so bad that he was practically anticipating sacks before they happened.

During Monday’s game, Manning stepped up in the pocket then scrambled to evade the rush of Ezekiel Ansah. Manning fell to the ground, and in real time, it looked like Ansah tripped Manning up.

Replays, however, revealed that nobody touched Manning.

Here is the video:

I hope Eli is OK after taking this hit pic.twitter.com/FHsUFXNONR

— Dave Lozo (@davelozo) September 19, 2017

You had to know the moment it became obvious that a ghost sacked Eli Manning the staff here at BTB was going to take the ball and run with it.

Colts QB Luck (shoulder) won't play Sunday WEEI

The Indianapolis Colts have had very little success this season, primarily due not having any Luck at all.

The Indianapolis Colts already ruled quarterback Andrew Luck out for Week 3 on Monday.

Luck, who is recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, has yet to practice with the team. Coach Chuck Pagano said he did not know if Luck would be able to practice next week, after the Colts play host to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.

The fact that Andrew Luck has already been ruled out even before the week two contests were finished tells you all you need to know about the state of his recovery from off season shoulder surgery.

Biggest NFL injuries of Week 2 Staff, ESPN

We touched on it briefly in the previous look around the league, but the staff at ESPN have expanded on just how much of a toll that injuries took in the second week of action.

VIDEO: San Diego restaurant offers free "Spanos Tacos" after Chargers loss San Diego Union Tribune.

The fans in San Diego are not bitter after the Chargers departed their city for Los Angeles.

Not. Bitter. At. All.

Vikings coach Zimmer says he has no 'crystal ball' to project Sam Bradford's return Ben Goessling, Miami Herald

"I anticipate that when he's ready to practice and he's ready to play, he'll be able to play. Honestly, I don't have a crystal ball. I know you guys want to ask me about all these things, but I don't have a crystal ball, so, sorry. I wish I did; I'd call some games better." - Mike Zimmer

According to Zimmer, on Sunday, the issue is swelling that Bradford experiences from time to time. On Monday the Vikings coach reversed directions and said it was from a twisted knee.

That being said, we have a third possibility also being floated around.

An NFL Network report on Monday called Bradford's injury a bone bruise, adding the Vikings would see how the quarterback responded to an injection this week.

Continue reading...