BTB: Bridgewater's camp fear Payton might coach the Cowboys 2020

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Apparently, this isn't just internet gossip......

Source claims Teddy Bridgewater’s people fear Sean Payton might be the Cowboys coach in 2020, not the Saints

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ridgewaters-people-fear-sean-payton-might-be-
The Sean Payton rumors continue to swirl with the Cowboys.
By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Mar 13, 2019, 8:00pm CDT
Things are changing all around the National Football League with free agency in full effect. We’ve seen massive trades, deals many thought were impossible, and even a big-time quarterback find a new home.

One interesting player that has yet to settle in is Teddy Bridgewater. The former first-round pick most recently played with the New Orleans Saints and it stands to reason that they would like to keep him around with Drew Brees obviously nearing retirement age. While many thought that he would indeed stay in the Big Easy, he’s reportedly visiting with the Miami Dolphins which has some people scratching their heads.

Reaction score
We can only hope!

Bring Bridgewater to Dallas and have him compete for the starting job.

RamziD

Reaction score
I think everyone has keyed onto this. You wanna talk about risky moves? Sabotaging your team for this. This is nothing more than a gentleman’s handshake. Saints may win the SB next year and Payton decides to retire on a high note. I guess we could always promote Kellen Moore in that case.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Aren't Stephen Jones and Sean Payton friends? JG not getting an extension yet? I mean there could be something here. We will wait and see.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think everyone has keyed onto this. You wanna talk about risky moves? Sabotaging your team for this. This is nothing more than a gentleman’s handshake. Saints may win the SB next year and Payton decides to retire on a high note. I guess we could always promote Kellen Moore in that case.

Brees is the retirement that I'm concerned with, not Sean Payton. I've seen no indication from him that he would retire at age 55 when he knows he could have the Dallas job the second he wants it. But when Brees goes, the Saints go with him. Like Brady in New England, if I was the head coach, I'd be out too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aren't Stephen Jones and Sean Payton friends? JG not getting an extension yet? I mean there could be something here. We will wait and see.

This one has been rumored for quite a while. Even talked about happening this year. I think the deal with those officials screwing the Saints may have affected more than just one team.

FaSho

Reaction score
Pretty sure Teddy signed back with the Aints.

EDIT: Nvm, not sure where I saw that lol

Last edited:

RamziD

Reaction score
Brees is the retirement that I'm concerned with, not Sean Payton. I've seen no indication from him that he would retire at age 55 when he knows he could have the Dallas job the second he wants it. But when Brees goes, the Saints go with him. Like Brady in New England, if I was the head coach, I'd be out too.

I just don’t like the idea of sacrificing a year for a HC. A lot can go wrong, and I’m sure the players have caught on to what’s happening.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don’t like the idea of sacrificing a year for a HC. A lot can go wrong, and I’m sure the players have caught on to what’s happening.

I don't disagree with you, but I think that's how things ultimately worked out. I'd prefer waiting a year for a better coach in Payton than getting into an extension with Garrett, wouldn't you?

I'd also prefer to wait for Payton than to have signed any of the underwhelming candidates that ended up with jobs elsewhere. If enduring one final year of Garrett means I can get Sean Payton in 2020? Yeah, I'm good with that.

RamziD

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you, but I think that's how things ultimately worked out. I'd prefer waiting a year for a better coach in Payton than getting into an extension with Garrett, wouldn't you?

I'd also prefer to wait for Payton than to have signed any of the underwhelming candidates that ended up with jobs elsewhere. If enduring one final year of Garrett means I can get Sean Payton in 2020? Yeah, I'm good with that.

I mean, I don’t like Garrett and think we should have rid ourselves from him years ago, but if we were able to get to the SB next year I would just throw my hands in the air and say “go ahead and extend him”. That would’ve been the bar, had we say, signed ET.

As far as firing him last year, there are probably many good HCs that could’ve worked out, however this organization only deals with a small group of coaches in their inner circle. It’s a shady way to run a business, that’s for sure. Reminds me of another family business, but I won’t go there.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
have my fingers crossed that garrett is gone after this year just hope whatever happens garrett is not here after the season ends in 2019

tico

Reaction score
Free Agency is not Garrett friendly, Stephen has him handcuffed to win with what you got!

Carson

Reaction score
Sweet! So a year of chillin in purgatory until help arrives

dstew60105

Reaction score
Apparently, this isn't just internet gossip......

Source claims Teddy Bridgewater’s people fear Sean Payton might be the Cowboys coach in 2020, not the Saints

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ridgewaters-people-fear-sean-payton-might-be-
The Sean Payton rumors continue to swirl with the Cowboys.
By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Mar 13, 2019, 8:00pm CDT
Things are changing all around the National Football League with free agency in full effect. We’ve seen massive trades, deals many thought were impossible, and even a big-time quarterback find a new home.

One interesting player that has yet to settle in is Teddy Bridgewater. The former first-round pick most recently played with the New Orleans Saints and it stands to reason that they would like to keep him around with Drew Brees obviously nearing retirement age. While many thought that he would indeed stay in the Big Easy, he’s reportedly visiting with the Miami Dolphins which has some people scratching their heads.

When is Payton’s contract up?

Carson

Reaction score
This will our new great white buffalo like Earl Thomas was.

Non stop Sean Payton threads