BTB: Can Anyone Break Emmitt's Record?

Thomas82

Reaction score
I didnt think anyone would break Payton's record.
it's possible....if/when the league swings back around to the running game.
Zeke will make a run at it.
but Emmitt is gonna hold it for a while.
If anybody breaks it I would hope it's Zeke.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Damn Frank Gore is considered a class act and is loved by fans and media members. He has legitimate passion and love for the sport in an era where it's "all about me" and "look at my brand, social media, and money"

First time i've ever seen someone trash him
based on his performance mostly over the last 5 years it seems he's replaceable, but teams keep bringing him in and that's that. I think he's similar to Witten in that the team likes him more than his ability at this point.

dfense

Reaction score
Add his 1586 playoff rushing yards (also a record) and imagine how many miles Emmitt had on his body.

joseephuss

Reaction score
It can be done but that person is not in the league yet. Zeke had a chance until last season. He has some catching up to do to even be on pace at this point.

If Zeke had a chance, it wasn't last season that hurt him. It was his second season when he was suspended 6 games. Plus his coaches sat him 2 games, one each at the end of 2016 and 2018.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It’s not unbreakable, but it’s incredibly unlikely.

Peterson would have to play another four years at his current YPG with WSH to get there. He’s 35.

Gore would have to play 5 more seasons with his current YPG avg with Buffalo. He’s 37.
That’s how I feel. Every record can be breakable but in this day and age, Especially with high powered offenses now hard to see in my day

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I doubt it. Most likely the NFL folds before anyone can duplicate that type of productivity and longevity. Only QBs and linemen have a long term future in this game.

Tussinman

Reaction score
based on his performance mostly over the last 5 years it seems he's replaceable, but teams keep bringing him in and that's that. I think he's similar to Witten in that the team likes him more than his ability at this point.
No Frank Gore is the opposite of Witten

Witten is getting good money to be a starter when he arguably shouldn't

Frank Gore took a paycut to mentor young RBs on rookie deals and to get backup carries to take the pressure off them. In Indy he was mentoring rookie Marlon Mack, Miami it was Kenyan Drake, Buffalo it was rookie Devin Singletary.

wrongway

Reaction score
Except Cy Young's record for career wins. You have to play twenty-five years and win 20 EVERY year just to get to 500. I know what your saying though. It's POSSIBLE with Emmitt's record. But there are some records that will never be touched.
Gretzky also. His # are amazing. Esp when you contrast with games played versus other greats.

MikeB80

Reaction score
NO.

Emmitt was incredible and one of the greatest players to ever put on an nfl uniform. The amount of carries he had, the number of postseason games he played and production is just amazing. Teams spent the superbowl years loading up to stop Emmitt every week and every week he delivered, he got up after every big hit and he took the ball again.

His career has been minimized by the people who think it was "Just the line" or " he had a hall of fame qb and wr". Nonsense. Also the incredibly foolish Emmitt vs Barry debate that pops up whenever anyone tries to say nice things about Emmitt. They were both amazing, different and amazing.

He is one of the all time greatest players in league history and the cowboys have no championships without him in the 90's.

It would take some kind of all time freak performance in this passing league to break his records. One of the biggest reasons that he gets minimized to this day is because he wasn't a freak like peterson or dickerson or okoye....he was just an average size guy with average speed and measurables until the game was played then he was different.

MikeB80

Reaction score
No Frank Gore is the opposite of Witten

Witten is getting good money to be a starter when he arguably shouldn't

Frank Gore took a paycut to mentor young RBs on rookie deals and to get backup carries to take the pressure off them. In Indy he was mentoring rookie Marlon Mack, Miami it was Kenyan Drake, Buffalo it was rookie Devin Singletary.

this is foolish. Witten is not being paid like a starter in Oakland nor was he paid like one last year in Dallas.

If you don't think he isn't a locker room leader or mentor then you know very little about him.

also he is going to be a coach in the league or in college very soon.

JonCJG

Reaction score
It will take a genetic freak and players being draft eligible after high school.

Tussinman

Reaction score
this is foolish. Witten is not being paid like a starter in Oakland nor was he paid like one last year in Dallas.

If you don't think he isn't a locker room leader or mentor then you know very little about him.

also he is going to be a coach in the league or in college very soon.
Dude get this trash response out of here (are you actually being serious ?).

Witten was a top 20 paid player at his position (cough cough starter money) and had a larger role on the team. Gore was paid less than half as much in Witten in 2019 and will be paid almost 4x less in 2020 and was a back-up on both Miami and NY.

That was the user I quotes point, he was trying to correlate Gore being over-value and overpaid to the likes of Witten but Gore 1. Is paid signficantly less and 2. is playing a smaller role on the team

Not only did you butt into a conversation that was not directed at you you proceeded to argue a point that was NEVER there and totally misread the entire post. Next time keep this garabage *** response to yourself

MikeB80

Reaction score
Dude get this trash response out of here (are you actually being serious ?).

Witten was a top 20 paid player at his position (cough cough starter money) and had a larger role on the team. Gore was paid less than half as much in Witten in 2019 and will be paid almost 4x less in 2020 and was a back-up on both Miami and NY.

That was the user I quotes point, he was trying to correlate Gore being over-value and overpaid to the likes of Witten but Gore 1. Is paid signficantly less and 2. is playing a smaller role on the team

Not only did you butt into a conversation that was not directed at you you proceeded to argue a point that was NEVER there and totally misread the entire post. Next time keep this garabage *** response to yourself

Ha.

You must be the president of the frank gore fan club. Lonely place I imagine.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Ha.

You must be the president of the frank gore fan club. Lonely place I imagine.
The utlimate child comeback. Stating facts that cannot be argued = your a fanboy :facepalm:

Taking a massive paycut and getting demoted to back-up isn't "a team over valuing you for your name". That doesn't make me a Frank Gore lover that's just called using common sense..... :facepalm:

Last edited:

MikeB80

Reaction score
The utlimate child comeback. Stating facts that cannot be argued = your a fanboy :facepalm:

Taking a massive paycut and getting demoted to back-up isn't "a team over valuing you for your name". That doesn't make me a Frank Gore lover that's just called using common sense..... :facepalm:

man you are an angry dude. gore's situation and witten's have never been anything alike so your whole premise to begin with is nonsense.

im sorry you missed wittens career and do not understand who he is.