News: BTB: Cornerback Trevon Diggs dealing with apparent toe injury

visionary

Reaction score
Damn, you really do hate the contract. My disgust for him after the niners game is on record. That said he was damn good the year before and his coverage skills have improved. I believe he is a top cb.

I'm also banking on that absolute lack of physicality not being his new baseline.
Just facts
If you pay 5 players the bulk of the cap, you can field a competitive team but not a SB caliber team
That’s a fact and the only expendable one from those I listed would have been Diggs
Now he is untradeable and he knows it

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Its not Turf toe, they brought up Neon's toe injury even and said "Its not even close to the same injury, very minor toe injury".

CWR

Reaction score
Just facts
If you pay 5 players the bulk of the cap, you can field a competitive team but not a SB caliber team
That’s a fact and the only expendable one from those I listed would have been Diggs
Now he is untradeable and he knows it

I hear you, but the cap is fluid. Contracts are back loaded and structured in so many different ways. The next time we let someone walk who I really wanted to retain I'll remember this conversation. Truth is, it doesn't happen often.

GMO415

Reaction score
He graduated from the Tank school of Sock Lame and Lazy once you're paid.

John813

Reaction score
I hear you, but the cap is fluid. Contracts are back loaded and structured in so many different ways. The next time we let someone walk who I really wanted to retain I'll remember this conversation. Truth is, it doesn't happen often.

Bingo. Saints can make 50+ mil of dead cap disappear and sign Carr. Space can be created easily with restructuring.
They won't be paying close to 20mil in cap hit in some time with Diggs.
Same will go with Parsons, Lamb etc... The core guys are the guys with contracts that will get almost yearly restructures depending on their playing ability.

Reactions: CWR

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I was going to say the exact same thing.
It's like clock work, it's always a minor injury that lingers all year they supress it, at the end we find out said player had this issue all season long then they get surgery one week before camp lol