News: BTB: Cornerback Trevon Diggs dealing with apparent toe injury

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He was running down the sideline the other day after Nashon Wright made the interception. Seems to be minor

lkelly

Reaction score
For the people new to the Cowboys, it's a given that every big contract extension comes with a guaranteed injury to go along with the signing bonus. Never seems to fail.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Reports were that he was running pretty well with it the other day. They’re saying it’s just a sore toe.

Motorola

Reaction score
Maybe someone can find a tweet. Got a sports alert he will be out until mid August.
Two weeks ain’t too bad, especially for a guy who we know can play.

Let these down roster CB’s get some reps
2-3 weeks at the start of camp isn't a big deal. You'd like him out there, but camp is as much about seeing the rookies, players who are in a make-or-break year, and so forth than about a Pro Bowl starter getting some reps....
Uncanny....during the first two days of TC, the three most serious injuries have occurred to valued contributors in the secondary...and the earliest one of the players is projected to return to action is mid-preseason.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sup with the toe. We just paid Diggs 100 million. We got a 100 million dollar toe standing on the sidelines. Isn’t this always the way it goes. He could have injured the toe and held out to get possible surgery on the toe. And which toe is it. If it’s the big toe would it cost more. Lol. I swear it’s just our luck. Toes man…

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When you make that kind of money showing up for training camp is out of the question. Piggy got his money now he is running the show. Can't wait to see how he handles Kittle down the pipe after this.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When you make that kind of money showing up for training camp is out of the question. Piggy got his money now he is running the show. Can't wait to see how he handles Kittle down the pipe after this.
The next intelligent thing you post will be the first. I really hope this is a bit youre acting out.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sup with the toe. We just paid Diggs 100 million. We got a 100 million dollar toe standing on the sidelines. Isn’t this always the way it goes. He could have injured the toe and held out to get possible surgery on the toe. And which toe is it. If it’s the big toe would it cost more. Lol. I swear it’s just our luck. Toes man…
Merge....

visionary

Reaction score
How do you compare it to when they re-signed Zeke? I figure that's a good barometer.
Not really
Zekes contract was bad but at least he was a top 2-3 RB willing to do everything he could. He just played a less important position so he was overpaid
Diggs is not a top 5 CB, is not willing to tackle, has an over inflated sense of his worth and this was before he got paid. With his “non tackle” on Kittle and the dropped interception in the EZ off Purdy he basically lost us the game (other than Dak with his picks).

When you factor in the Dak has to have a new contract and Parsons, CD, and Smith have to be paid, and to field a really competitive team we will have to pay a lot to other players, there is no way this guy should have been paid. He should have been traded this off season and we could have got a rd 1 pick for him and there were several good CBs sitting there

ghst187

Reaction score
It’s that post-contract signing injury bug….gets em everytime

CWR

Reaction score
Not really
Zekes contract was bad but at least he was a top 2-3 RB willing to do everything he could. He just played a less important position so he was overpaid
Diggs is not a top 5 CB, is not willing to tackle, has an over inflated sense of his worth and this was before he got paid. With his “non tackle” on Kittle and the dropped interception in the EZ off Purdy he basically lost us the game (other than Dak with his picks).

When you factor in the Dak has to have a new contract and Parsons, CD, and Smith have to be paid, and to field a really competitive team we will have to pay a lot to other players, there is no way this guy should have been paid. He should have been traded this off season and we could have got a rd 1 pick for him and there were several good CBs sitting there

Damn, you really do hate the contract. My disgust for him after the niners game is on record. That said he was damn good the year before and his coverage skills have improved. I believe he is a top cb.

I'm also banking on that absolute lack of physicality not being his new baseline.