News: BTB: Cowboys 2013 Salary Cap: The Ratliff Extension And The Post-Release Landscape

Doomsay

Reaction score
They have restructured Ware for years; including this year.

Pretty sure they restructured him in 2011, 2012, and 2013.

Yeah, I read the below & overlooked the "current" part, but I guess even that's wrong. Thanks for the cap site links btw, pretty cool.

• Demarcus Ware will also be 32 before next season starts. He has a $16m cap hit next year, followed by a $17.5m cap hit in 2015. The good news is, it's mostly written as base salary. Ware is one of the few Cowboys who has never had his current deal restructured. If they moved on from Ware (blasphemy) they would save $7.4 million off of next year's cap. Would he be willing to do a "Doug Free"?

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
What tangible difference is there in the accounting?
I assume what he's referring to what the surprisingly predictable 10% increase in cap space every year. Under the last CBA you could keep restructuing and pushing money out into the future because the salary cap would just keep growing. This new CBA shafted the players so badly that the cap hasn't moved much at all so all these restructurings and pushing dead money forward is actually, you know, resulting in dead money.