News: BTB: Cowboys 2017 Draft: It’s Not About Getting ‘An’ Edge Rusher, It’s About The ‘Right’

NewsBot

Reaction score
*** Message was removed by demand from DMN ***

Last edited by a moderator:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Think Dallas will try to target 2 guys. McKinley, or Basham in RD1.

All the other guys i would rather go with what dallas has inhouse.

Basham has a grade of RD2 and its the top half of round 2. With the attention he's getting i think Dallas could end up taking him at 28. NO is said to want him, and it wouldnt suprise me if they take him at 32. Basham can play both sides and attack and put pressure from both sides. All these other guys linked to dallas are tweener types who have to get bigger. Basham has NFL size already being 269lbs.

Charlton is size ready too but i dont think Charlton gets past Miami.

You look at TJ Watt and i dont see the excitement for a 4-3 team. He does nothing when he has his hand on the ground. A 3-4 LB i can see a teams intrigue. But as a DE hell no.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Basham has a grade of RD2 and its the top half of round 2. With the attention he's getting i think Dallas could end up taking him at 28. NO is said to want him, and it wouldnt suprise me if they take him at 32. Basham can play both sides and attack and put pressure from both sides. All these other guys linked to dallas are tweener types who have to get bigger. Basham has NFL size already being 269lbs.

You look at TJ Watt and i dont see the excitement for a 4-3 team. He does nothing when he has his hand on the ground. A 3-4 LB i can see a teams intrigue. But as a DE hell no.

I don't want talk because of his Injury. Most likely won't be ready for the season.

Also Basham is ranked as a 3rd round talent in a lot of mocks.

tm1119

Reaction score
Garrett
Thomas
Barnett
Taco
Harris
Takk
Watt
Lawson
Williams
Willis
Basham
Walker
Rivers
Bowser

That's 14 pass rushers I'd take at 60...they can't all be gone can they?

Bizwah

Reaction score

Agreed on Basham. Early in the process scouts were saying he would maybe make it to round one. His videos on YouTube are fun to watch.

Gaede

Reaction score
Agreed on Basham. Early in the process scouts were saying he would maybe make it to round one. His videos on YouTube are fun to watch.
Yeah, I really like Basham.

Definitely see a first rounder.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
When did basham become a 1st rounder?!? A month ago, I remember making a mock taking him at 60 and had like 12 ppl quote me saying that was a reach, and he's a 3rd rounder at best.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
When did basham become a 1st rounder?!? A month ago, I remember making a mock taking him at 60 and had like 12 ppl quote me saying that was a reach, and he's a 3rd rounder at best.

Most say he's a 3rd rounder. Really hope Dallas doesn't go for him at 28. There will be A lot of better players available

gmoney112

Reaction score
Most say he's a 3rd rounder. Really hope Dallas doesn't go for him at 28. There will be A lot of better players available

Most of the people mocking Basham in the 3rd round are terrible or lazy. The latest he'll go is the 2nd.

Brooksey

Reaction score

Basham looks like a stud in the second, Tj Watt may need another year to develop but he's got one serious motor. I wouldn't touch Taco with a 10 ft pole and he'll be there at 28, imo and may be there at 38. I can see him dropping.

Just say no to Taco. I'd take Charles Harris in a heartbeat

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
mock drafts are very unreliable.its better to look at player rankings to see where the players trending.basham is solid imo,much better than dlaw.he doesn't have ideal bend to play Rde but is relentless and would make a good LDE.however I feel they will take Takk,Watt and Harris ahead of Basham.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I don't want talk because of his Injury. Most likely won't be ready for the season.

Also Basham is ranked as a 3rd round talent in a lot of mocks.

Takk has a torn labrum that he played with; didn't care that it hurt a little, just played his a** off. Should be fine for the season after his recent surgery.