BTB: Cowboys' disappointing start to free agency is exactly on brand

Aven8

Reaction score
We get it man. We get your skit.

Why not just log off and come back in two years when they “rebuild”. I just don’t understand the constant negativity everyday, every post, every thread.

Football is just for fun. I don’t know why people stick around if it makes you miserable
While Mountaineer is extreme for his hate of Dak, I will admit I was like that for JG and Jaylon Smith for years. I got my wish so maybe he will get his.

Carson

Reaction score
Yall act like the Jonses are trying to win. Fact is they are not. Winning in the post season is not on the agenda. If building a stronger team was important to them they would have free'd up more money either by extending Dak already or using available accounting tricks to lower his current cap hit. They would as many suggest and hope for would then sign a few instant starters to bolster the DL, LB, RB, OL etc. None of this is part of their plan. They want the cap hits high so they can build in an excuse to be cheap and look at only the most desperate players wanting a contract. I don't believe even philly winning the division changes their approach, but maybe if the commanders also leap the boys and knock them out the playoffs will they become more aggressive.
You’re wrong.

These bums thinking they built a legit Super Bowl contender and are fist bumping they signed Kendricks and brought Lewis back

rambo2

Reaction score
Yall act like the Jonses are trying to win. Fact is they are not. Winning in the post season is not on the agenda. If building a stronger team was important to them they would have free'd up more money either by extending Dak already or using available accounting tricks to lower his current cap hit. They would as many suggest and hope for would then sign a few instant starters to bolster the DL, LB, RB, OL etc. None of this is part of their plan. They want the cap hits high so they can build in an excuse to be cheap and look at only the most desperate players wanting a contract. I don't believe even philly winning the division changes their approach, but maybe if the commanders also leap the boys and knock them out the playoffs will they become more aggressive.
It will be so funny if they do win.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You’re wrong.

These bums thinking they built a legit Super Bowl contender and are fist bumping they signed Kendricks and brought Lewis back
We know that's what they say publicly but really, come on. There is no way anyone objectively looks at this team and says SB contender. They'll be lucky to compete for the division at this point. Just seems like Stephens goal is to build a team good enough to get to the playoffs then anything else doesn't matter. If SB was really their objective how do they do nothing at LB after losing LVE and making safeties play linebacker? We might all disagree with the exact move or compensation given a player but everyone wanting to win would have done something, sighned a couple players, trade, something. And to your point did they fill that hole? Yea with a guy likely to miss a few games and zero backup. No way they believe in the hype they sell, they can't be that dumb.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will be so funny if they do win.
The amount of luck it took for foles to catch fire in the playoffs is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of luck the cowboys need to make it to a SB

rambo2

Reaction score
At this point, if they win, it might likely be to sheer dumb luck.
They would have to have a lot of things go their way. Anything is possible in the 20 game marathon of a season.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Simply Put..With High Boat Loaded Contracts To Michael Gallup,Zeke,Dak and Others..The Jones Have Put The Cowboys In a BIG Bind For Yrs To Come and Failed To Adjust To The New Age Salary Cap Implications And We Haven't Even Address Dak Ext And The Upcoming Contracts Of CeeDee Lamb And Parsons..
Which Equals...WERE DOOMED..:banghead:

Jerry,You Better Soon Bring an Exp Outsider In To Fix Your Mess. Proof Of Your Track Record Jerry,You Certainly Not Capable That You Can't Fix this..:thumbdown:

If You Don't Do It Soon,You Won't Live Long Enough To See The Fruits Of Labor Jerry.:oldcouple:

Verdict

Reaction score
SF lost in the SB and fired their DC three days later. Not for the SB game, but for the previous two games against GB and Detroit. Why? Because they weren’t good enough. Fast forward to FA and they made strategic moves to improve that Defense, with DE’s, Corners, and LB’s.

What do we do? Absolutely nothing.

The smart move if you’re not going all in is to get rid of Dak. Trade him. Sell him off for picks. I mean why keep him if you’re not going to add pieces to build on last season to win it all?
Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I think this team is more than a couple of players away from a SB, unless those “couple of players” are of Parsons quality and impact.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It's just flabbergasting to me that you can come off that Packers embarrassment, see you have issues at RB, OL, DT, LB and even WR and you literally do nothing in FA to try to alleviate some of those issues other than signing on veteran LB who was cheap and wanted to play with Zimmer. That's it. That's all you did to get better. You have taken no pressure off yourself via the draft. You've given yourself no flexibility in the draft. You need specific positional players in the draft and that often results in forcing picks like we saw with Mazi and then Schoonmaker.

They just don't get it. And the only people who suffer are the fans. Jerry and his dope of son cash their billions all the while thumbing it to the fans who, frankly, seemingly understand roster building better than they do.
Yeah and the FO comes off as saying they are all in. Their action speaks the opposite. They are not all in. They think we are dumb as fans. But the fool is Jerry and his son.