BTB:Cowboys Draft Prospects: Eric Hagg

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Cowboys Draft Prospects: Eric Hagg
by rabblerousr on Apr 16, 2011 4:00 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2011 Draft
57753_fbc__eric_hagg.jpg

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/4/16/2113962/dallas-cowboys-draft-prospects-eric-hagg#storyjump

As we continue our series of potential 2011 Dallas draftees, we move to the Big 12 Conference, and safety Eric Hagg of Nebraska. The 6-2, 210-pound Hagg was one of the leaders of a Blackshirt unit that finished in the top five nationally in passing yards allowed and defensive passing efficiency, while also ranking in the top 12 in both total and scoring defense. Hagg finished the season with a team-high five interceptions and had 49 tackles, including 39 solo stops, adding a school-record 95-yard punt return for a score, Nebraska's only touchdown in a 20-13 loss to Texas. He was rewarded for his efforts with selections as a first-team All-Big 12 by both the Big 12 coaches and the Associated Press

Perhaps Hagg's most marketable trait is his versatility. In Nebraska's "peso" defense, Hagg played a hybrid safety/linebacker position that took advantage of his excellent range and size. When asked which of his players (including Prince Amukamara) he'd build a defense around, Cornhusker secondary coach Marvin Sanders quickly named Hagg: "Eric is that type of athlete you can do so many things with," Sanders noted, "He can play corner. He can play safety. He can play kind of a linebacker position. So, you can build your team, and if you’re missing something, Eric can fit that position for you." Perhaps because he, in effect, played three positions, Hagg was voted by his teammates as the Huskers Team MVP.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Do you think this guy could play SS at the next level. The games I watched him play in, he displayed excellent cover skills.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
kevinhickey;3909945 said:
Do you think this guy could play SS at the next level. The games I watched him play in, he displayed excellent cover skills.

In my opinion is a good centerfielder, but too slow for deep deep coverage, unless he is way back, 4.62 in 40, slower than sensabaugh, who runs about a 4.46 or so.