News: BTB: Cowboys draft target: Florida State DT DeMarcus Christmas at the Senior Bowl

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_11531566.0.jpg

Get to know Florida State DT DeMarcus Christmas.

It’s not December, but it is Christmas season. Meet Florida State defensive tackle DeMarcus Christmas. After measuring an impressive 6’4” and weighing in at 302 lbs., Christmas met up with me at media day and gave some really interesting insight on his hectic trip to Mobile, what he wants to show this week at the Senior Bowl, and more!

Christmas had a nice first day of Senior Bowl practices playing the run in 1-on-1’s and in team work. He has ideal size to plug up the middle of the line, but also has shown great ability to shed offensive lineman at the point of attack. Christmas is extremely powerful at the point of attack due to his violent hands, powerful lower half, and he shows impressive body strength. One thing that really stood out in the first two days of Senior Bowl practices was the bend and lower body flexibility that he showcased. For more of a run defender defensive lineman, Christmas played with much more athletic ability in his lower half than I initially thought.

His biggest struggles come with his lack of length and ability to get off blocks when his first step explosion and initial power push fails him. The production at Florida State for being a four-year player is a bit concerning, but Christmas isn’t a guy who offers a ton of pass rush production, and is more so a creator for other guys along the defensive line.

<SNIP>

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny23

Reaction score
Was generally pretty good at FSU but not a strong SR season at all
FSU fan here everyone sucked besides Brian Burns on the DL last season. Just a total disaster of a season. DeMarcus is solid but his motor has been questioned throughout his career.

noletime95

Reaction score
FSU fan here everyone sucked besides Brian Burns on the DL last season. Just a total disaster of a season. DeMarcus is solid but his motor has been questioned throughout his career.
Even Burns had his warts, which is why he’s now projected more in round 2-3 now. Situational pass rusher that will struggle to set the edge in the NFL.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Even Burns had his warts, which is why he’s now projected more in round 2-3 now. Situational pass rusher that will struggle to set the edge in the NFL.
True true. But at least Brian played hard while others seemed to just fold up like a cheap suit. This past season was embarrassing how mindbogglingly dumb the entire team played.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Interesting.

He seems energetic with a bounce in his step in the game footage I've watched.

If Marinelli still has input, effort is what he likes more than anything.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's one of the guys I like.
him and Burns always seemed to stand-out to me when I watched Fsu games here and there.
generally...Fsu DL usually do well in the League.
I like'm...3rd or 4th....if we haven't drafted one and he's there...I'd hope we take him.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Interesting.

He seems energetic with a bounce in his step in the game footage I've watched.

If Marinelli still has input, effort is what he likes more than anything.
Indeed he does. I think it's because of the Jimbo drama and him leaving. I don't think the players bought in and were disappointed when Odell Haggins wasn't named Head coach.