News: BTB: Cowboys Likely To Keep Will McClay, Their Not-So-Secret Weapon In The Personnel Department

waving monkey

Reaction score
They wouldn't have drafted Martin if the defensive players they had targeted weren't off the board. I know Garrett was big on reconstructing the offensive line. Not sure what you are trying to say with that last sentence.
He's saying they didn't just blindly pick the players. They took the best that was available

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He's saying they didn't just blindly pick the players. They took the best that was available
Read my original post. Never mind I did it for you

BPA = best player available

"It seems they sort of lucked into the trend by taking the BPA. Had the last couple of drafts fell another way, we would be looking at a drastically different team.

Someone deserves credit for going BPA and drafting good players the last few drafts. Just not sure it all goes to one person. McClay, Garrett, and Stephen have all had a hand in it, and even Jerry for getting out of the way."

waving monkey

Reaction score
I think this article perpetuates the false notion the this season came out of no where .
2014 was the year that came out of nowhere. We had endured three consecutive seasons of 8-8
and the fan base was calling for Garrett's head. During that time McClay was piecing together
the foundation for the 2016 draft and the current success.