BTB:Cowboys Mock Draft: Mark Barron Is Trending

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...-draft-alabama-safety-mark-barron-is-trending
by Dave Halprin on Apr 9, 2012 2:37 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Draft
If there is a trending player for the Dallas Cowboys in mock drafts recently, then it would have to be Alabama safety Mark Barron. Last week, KD posted about Mel Kiper's mock draft where he had the Cowboys going with Barron. Since then, and I'm not suggesting it's a result of Kiper's mock, I've been noticing more and more places linking the Cowboys and the Alabama safety. Some of these come from experts in the field, others from communities of fans doing their best to predict what will happen.

Barron in general is rising up draft boards, one of the curious effects of the month-long layoff between the combine and the draft. Some players rise, some players fall, sometimes for no discernible reason. Barron is one of those players that is rising. Dallas could obviously use safety help, the addition of Brodney Pool was for a one-year deal, so Dallas still needs a long-term answer.

One guy who I always respect is Bob Sturm. He writes about Barron, not really in mock draft form, but in a series reviewing potential targets for the Cowboys. It's a nice review, so I recommend you check out the whole thing. But hopefully Sturm won't mind if I grab a chunk out of it for here.