BTB:Cowboys Notes: Pre-Draft Visits Include Peter Konz

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Note, I thought I posted this a day ago or so, but couldnt find it or posted by anyone else, so if it is sorry, but I saw some notes I thought worthwhile posting for you all on cowboys interest.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/4/7/2933041/cowboys-notes-pre-draft-visits-include-peter-konz
by Dave Halprin on Apr 7, 2012 5:28 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Draft

On top of that, the Cowboys brought in three quarterbacks for the Dallas Day workouts - Nick Stephens, Nathan Dick and G.J. Kinne. It sure sounds like a lot of competition for McGee who might just be on his way out from Dallas. Stephens feels he did well at the workouts, and talks about throwing in front of Jerry Jones.

A while back, Rob Ryan said all he was looking at was defensive backs. One of them he got a look at this past week was Jamell Fleming out of Oklahoma. Here's an article about Fleming and his workout. Fleming always has been "too slow." He ran only a 4.53 at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. But his 60-yard shuttle (10.75) led all players at his position, and he ranked among the top-five cornerbacks in the three-cone drill (6.81) and the short shuttle (3.97).

Cyrus Gray would like to follow his hero, Emmitt Smith, and play for the 'Boys.
It is unlikely, though, that the Cowboys would draft a running back as high as Gray might go. He is projected as a third-round pick. But it would be a dream come true for him if it happened. "I've been hearing different things like that [that they need another running back]," said Gray, who is from DeSoto. "It would be special to obviously come back and represent Dallas. At the same time, you never know what's going to happen."