News: BTB: Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Rookies, Roster Moves, And QBs

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
20130723_kkt_al2_159.0_standard_400.0.jpg
Garrett Provides Early Thoughts On Each 2013 Draft Selection - C. Mendez, Star-Telegram
The Cowboys' top four picks are all taking first team snaps in camp. Asked if he thought whether that was remarkable, Garrett replied that it wasn't:

"I don't find that remarkable at all," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. "I think what you try to do, before you draft a player, is you try to have a vision for them. What does this guy do best? What are some of his weaknesses? What is his role in year one? What is his role in year two? What can he grow into? What is his upside?"
Garrett then proceeded to give a quick evaluation of each of the Cowboys’ seven picks, the full transcript of which you'll find in Mendez' writeup.

Local Standout Rogers Turning Heads In WR Depth Chart Battle - D. Helman, DallasCowboys.com
Helman with a nice profile of WR Eric Rogers, who is getting plenty of attention in camp after hauling in pass after pass.

"It’s nothing too special, I make catches here and there when I have opportunities, but I still have a long way to go," Rogers said. "I’ve got to learn some of the hot adjustments and stuff like that – listen to Coach Dooley, listen to the vets and try to do whatever they tell me."
Tony Romo talks his way into afternoon practice with Cowboys - D. Moore, DMN
Tony Romo was supposed to have a day off yesterday, but took part in practice anyway. QB coach Wade Wilson said the team deferred to Romo when Romo said that he was feeling fine.

Offensive coordinator Bill Callahan said he hasn’t heard of too many quarterbacks who would decline a day off in camp and said it spoke to how Romo is a true professional.
=================================================================================

Thanks to our new bestest friend, @NewsBot, for bringing this article to us. You can find the link here:

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/btb-dallas-cowboys-news-notes-rookies-roster-moves-and-qbs.260339/

And here is the link to the article itself if you like:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013...ookies-roster-moves-qbs-tony-romo-alex-tanney