BTB: Did the Dallas Cowboys improve at cornerback in 2018?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Addition by subtraction in losing Scandrick, Carroll, and Benekwere IMO.

UDFA's Ward and Kelly could surprise.

I agree. I like the players we've accumulated there, and that includes our UDFAs. Kelly and Ward were good signings and the players that we still have good young players. I think Awuzie will become one of the top DBs in the league under Richard.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why is everyone so high on Byron?

IMO, moving him to corner is a last ditch effort to find a use for him to prove we didn't waste a 1st.
because of Richard. Its that simple man. Its a state of mind he instills into the guys.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why did they move him from corner in the first place?
Lack of skillset for CB.

Do you guys watch the NFL? Seriously, players are moved to S all the time. Earl Thomas was one of them. Devin McCourty, Glover Quinn, Malcolm Jenkins. It's common. What did you have against playing him at S? He played almost half his games there in college.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lack of skillset for CB.

Do you guys watch the NFL? Seriously, players are moved to S all the time. Earl Thomas was one of them. Devin McCourty, Glover Quinn, Malcolm Jenkins. It's common. What did you have against playing him at S? He played almost half his games there in college.
Nothing in particular. Just lost track of his history and the Cowboys futility at finding the right players.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys made it clear from day one that Jones could end up playing either CB or safety. Originally they needed him at CB to cover for some injuries I believe, then they needed help at safety and made the move. Some fans act as if he came into the NFL exclusively as a CB, and only had experience as a CB, and that isn't the case. He was a safety his first year or two of college, and then moved to CB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Because he was our best DB and we didn't have any safety depth so they made Byron pick up the slack by moving him.

They were comfortable with Carr, Mo, and Scandrick, while almost having to resort to starting Heath. They moved Byron to prevent that from happening.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like what I see but I need to see more at training camp to be convinced this gang is for real.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a fuzzy recollection that had been the case. Maybe a good system will be the answer to success.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why is everyone so high on Byron?

IMO, moving him to corner is a last ditch effort to find a use for him to prove we didn't waste a 1st.

Exactly...I bet by Oct...the guy is riding the bench. He's a bum. :cool:

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly...I bet by Oct...the guy is riding the bench. He's a bum. :cool:
While I still hold out hope that he can be a starter, he just looks like a miss at this point. Small schoolers in the 1st. Nope.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I still hold out hope that he can be a starter, he just looks like a miss at this point. Small schoolers in the 1st. Nope.

You mean like Demarcus Ware, JJ Watt and Carson Wentz?

Okay, I know every player isn't the same, but obviously small school players can be highly productive and worthy of a 1st round pick.