BTB: Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Prescott was three and Romo 5

kskboys

Reaction score
The true list:

Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Tony Romo
Danny White
Don Meredith
Every other QB to ever suit up for Dallas, including Ryan Leaf, Gary Hogeboom, Steve Pelluer, Reggie Collier, Babe Laufenberg, Jason Garrett, Clint Stoerner..
Dak Prescott

Close the thread now :laugh:
Meredith is easily 3rd.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It feels weird comparing a QB with 4 years experience vs guys with near or over a decade of playing time. Not to mention those guys careers are done and their bodies of work are done. Dak isn't even on his 2nd contract yet.

If Dak were to retire tomorrow, does everyone think he is the 3rd best QB of all time for the Cowboys?
For me, I think the #3 spot is available for Dak to take, but I wouldn't give it to him only 4 years into his career. He needs to hang around a few more years and play well for him to get that spot.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Gil is obviously scaling to win % and playoff success/wins.

Staubach won! Roger is easily 1. He won an insane 75% of his games and 2 SB. He missed the playoffs 1 season of his career.
That one is easy.

Troy with 3 SB's trumps anyone else. His winning % is actually pretty bad (57) but he was hurt by early and late team performance. Still 3 SBs and SB MVP.

After the SB winners it's all fair game.
Dak has won 63% of his games, 2 Division titles and 1 playoff game all before age 27.
Danny with fairly elite talent around him won 67% and went 5-5 in the playoffs but never won a SB.
He is an interesting study. Underrated in a lot of eyes but also had 132 INT which is a really high number for his passing yardage and TD comps.
Tony was passing yardage king but the team success never passed muster. 61% of his games won and only 2 playoff victories in his career.
Romo is also an interesting study for the passing is king guys. His most success came largely when they passed it less and ran it more.
You can't be reasonable here

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of it:huh:
So, it's not reasonable to state the facts about statistics and winning percentage? You don't think that's reasonable in comparing QBs?

Come on man, flesh out your response. If you have a point, make it. Otherwise your words are hollow.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
most decidedly, yes!
Stridently, yes.
Assuredly, yes.
what signals have I not sent?
You forgot this signal...

RUc-HXDGWCC8w-M.gif