News: BTB: It’s a tough day for Cowboys fans to look at the Philadelphia Eagles

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL at downplaying the 6 NFC Title games the Eagles have played in since our last SB.

If we had made a few NFC Title games in the last 10 years, the same people trying to minimize what Philly has done during our run of ineptitude would be crowing about how good Garrett and the franchise is.

It's embarrassing. These last 20 years has been a complete and utter run of patheticness. And it's going to continue until Jerry realizes that whatever he's doing, needs to change. And that starts with his head coach.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not tough at all, good for Philly for doing what they had to do in FA and going and getting a franchise QB. They've earned this run.
No, the difference is in the coaching staff. You want to know how that is clearly evident. All you have to do is see how each team handled adversity in 2017...

The Eagles are 9-2 without Peters and Hicks and only have one loss minus Carson Wentz. The Cowboys, however, cannot function without their left tackle or middle linebacker. Tyron Smith did not play against Atlanta, in either game versus Philadelphia and was available for one series against Seattle.

Dallas lost three of those four games and put up a grand total of 34 points in those four games...

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/01/14/dallas-cowboys-coaching-staff-exposed-eagles-success/

Dallas Cowboys need to capitalize on Will McClay’s brilliance

...McClay has become one of the most sought after front office candidates in the league based on the work he has done with the Cowboys. Dallas has had a dramatic turn around in their offseason approach throughout the last decade. They used to be a team run by an owner who was not afraid to spend money and bring in the big name free agents only to see that decision blow up in their face both schematically and financially.

Just about every core player currently on the Cowboys has been brought in through the draft process without big money being wasted on has been free agents. This change in approach is not a coincidence with McClay being the man behind the scenes driving this change in philosophy. Since McClay has come to power within the organization, they are no longer afraid to let aging veterans walk in free agency or feel the need bring in big name free agents but instead, trust in the process in drafting and developing young core players.

Owner Jerry Jones certainly deserves his share of criticism throughout the years but his ability to retain McClay could perhaps be his biggest accomplishment in recent years. The Jones family has managed to build a sense of loyalty and belonging with McClay that has kept him around all while turning down chances to interview with teams offering him a new general manager title, which Jerry Jones will never forfeit...

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/01/14/dallas-cowboys-will-mcclay-brillance/

This is the point of destiny that Jerry and his chosen leadership, better not miss the opportunity and fail to improve application of today's NFL principals upon the field.

They better get good, or they may lose their functional GM and a window of opportunity as well.

Last edited:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some stay disappointed for 23 years
SB wins are the name of the game, not NFC Championship banners. I was alive for 4 of the Cowboys 5 SB wins. Philly fans will probably never get to say that. Deep down, they got “little brother syndrome”.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
Until the Eagles win a Superbowl I could careless about Division championships. Until they do that they just had a good season.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Thank goodness the Vikings won. I couldn't see the Saints go into Philly in that weather and win :thumbup:
It should be in the 50s around kickoff. I think the Saints would be alright in that. Minnesota definitely will tho.

Jipper

Reaction score
I feel right at home here
me too! Hey buddy, hope you are doing great....love this new site.

Philly has a very good team top to bottom, their defense is especially good and they made some good additions in the WR's this offseason....we could have a very similar team with a few good moves this offseason, the pieces are there

Coy

Reaction score
Hey, for us Cowboy fans its about the process, never forget. We’re in year 7 now, it shouldn’t be too long now.
Forget about the eagles getting to the NFCCG in year 2 under Pederson, that’s just luck, it’s all about the process.

CPanther95

Reaction score
SB wins are the name of the game, not NFC Championship banners. I was alive for 4 of the Cowboys 5 SB wins. Philly fans will probably never get to say that. Deep down, they got “little brother syndrome”.

34% of Philly fans have not even seen the Cowboys make it to an NFCCG. If the drought continues, in about 9 years it'll be 50%.

It's not going to be too long until the majority of fans view those first 5 Super Bowls the same way Cowboys fans view the Giants & Eagles' NFL Championships.

Jipper

Reaction score
34% of Philly fans have not even seen the Cowboys make it to an NFCCG. If the drought continues, in about 9 years it'll be 50%.

It's not going to be too long until the majority of fans view those first 5 Super Bowls the same way Cowboys fans view the Giants & Eagles' NFL Championships.

they difference is they are superbowls....and the others are not...

Jipper

Reaction score
Everyone draws their own lines.

Give it a few years, people will be talking about modern era SBs vs last century SBs.

fair enough...but they are still superbowls!

btw, good to see ya here...can't believe they shut down the other site

Gameover

Reaction score
I'm actually rooting for the Eagles!

Foles vs Blake B is my dream QB match up

I call it the media boycott Bowl.

Make it a reality football gods!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And what have all those appearances gotten them?

The only difference between the SB loser and the Cleveland Browns is the Browns get better draft picks.

This has to be the dumbest logic I ever hear. You know who says these things? Fans of loser teams to make themselves feel better. If you are really sitting there with a straight face and telling me there is no difference in an 0-16 season and a conference champion who loses the final game of the season then I question your IQ. But you don't really believe this. You are making excuses on how inept this franchise has been for the last 2 plus decades. And talking yourself into how there only absolutes in sports and life.

I hate the Eagles as well but to laugh at them and minimize 6 conference championship appearances and a Super Bowl appearance since our last is cringe worthy. But hey, I guess we can all go fire up those dusty VHS tapes of our last conference championship appearance and live in the past. This is why Dallas fans get made fun of constantly. The whole 5 rings argument is a real thing. Well if the Pats win this year, that would be yet another team who will pass the 5 rings club and move to 6. As long as we got those rings in the past to fall back onto, who cares about the present, right? We can all gather at the end of another failed season and recall the good ol days.

Sydla

Reaction score
This has to be the dumbest logic I ever hear. You know who says these things? Fans of loser teams to make themselves feel better. If you are really sitting there with a straight face and telling me there is no difference in an 0-16 season and a conference champion who loses the final game of the season then I question your IQ. But you don't really believe this. You are making excuses on how inept this franchise has been for the last 2 plus decades. And talking yourself into how there only absolutes in sports and life.

I hate the Eagles as well but to laugh at them and minimize 6 conference championship appearances and a Super Bowl appearance since our last is cringe worthy. But hey, I guess we can all go fire up those dusty VHS tapes of our last conference championship appearance and live in the past. This is why Dallas fans get made fun of constantly. The whole 5 rings argument is a real thing. Well if the Pats win this year, that would be yet another team who will pass the 5 rings club and move to 6. As long as we got those rings in the past to fall back onto, who cares about the present, right? We can all gather at the end of another failed season and recall the good ol days.

Of course it is and the only reason that argument is being made is because the Eagles are one home game away from being shark chum in the SB against the Pats. So in this situation, making the SB is meaningless.

But you can bet your butt if it were the Cowboys making the SB only to lose to the Pats, the same people would be talking about what a phenomenal season this was and how criticism of Garrett was unfounded, etc.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Of course it is and the only reason that argument is being made is because the Eagles are one home game away from being shark chum in the SB against the Pats. So in this situation, making the SB is meaningless.

But you can bet your butt if it were the Cowboys making the SB only to lose to the Pats, the same people would be talking about what a phenomenal season this was and how criticism of Garrett was unfounded, etc.

I brought this argument up to my uncle since he is a generation older than me. I have never witnessed Dallas lose a Super Bowl. I'm 33 so I was in grade school for the 90s dynasty. I asked him is it still worth making the Super Bowl but losing and he said absolutely. You want to be there. You never know what can happen. We have seen teams win that many gave zero chance. Giants both times against NE. NE the first time around against the Rams. Jets over the Colts. Denver over Green Bay. There might be a small chance but it isn't a 7 game series. Weird stuff can happen in 60 minutes.

It's a loser's mentality to say you'd rather not make the playoffs or the Super Bowl if we are just going to lose. But you can't have a shot if you don't make it.

If the Eagles make the Super Bowl again but lose to the Pats, how do us Dallas fans have a leg to stand on to make fun of them? It looks embarrassing. All we have is our history. Nothing about our present day even comes close to what they have done.

Tommy

Reaction score
In the last 20 years, the Iggles have/will have gone to 6 NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl.

We've won 2 playoff games.
Waaah! Waaah! Waaah!
Lets all pretend like we are envious of the Philadelphia Eagles and their storied career of winning absolutely nothing.