News: BTB: Jake Ferguson hoping to add to Dallas' rich TE legacy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ferguson not only has toughness - he plays with an attitude that irks opponents.
Luv it how he gets in the face of a defender when Ferguson feels the guy delivered a cheap shot to one of his teammates.
Seems at least once in every game, #87 is in a scrap with an opposing player. Don't know if Ferguson talks trash, or is it way he puts out on the field...he gets under the skin of a few adversaries over the course of a season.
He is a little cocky and I mean that in a good way (lol)

Blitzen

Reaction score
One of my favorite players on the Cowboys and he’s still young. I love his fire and never give up attitude. He was a bright spot in the GB game and little known fact, he doesn’t like the Packers even though he played for the Badgers. He’s A DOG.

“He had a good year last year, but can you do it again?” said Cowboys’ tight ends coach Lunda Wells, challenging his prized pupil to keep climbing. “The legends and the great players do it consistently over the years — Jason Witten, Travis Kelce, Tony Gonzalez — you can go down the list — the great ones do it consistently every year. You can’t be one and done or a one-hit wonder, because those get lost.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...egacy-ezekiel-elliott-mazi-smith-dak-prescott

He looks like he’s trending upward-great to see for a young player. I guess we’ll have to see how many two tight end sets they use this season, because you can tell McCarthy really wants that to be more heavily used.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
He doesn't need to be #1. They both just need to be used the right way.
Actually he does. This "position by committee" nonsense needs to stop. Build your top 11 and then go for it. (and WR1, TE1, LT are set, LG and C hopefully too. RT maybe if he recovers from that slump after injury. Just need to find that damn QB and a good RB).

Big fan of Fergie ever since his rookie season, hope he'll continue to bring the rain!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Actually he does. This "position by committee" nonsense needs to stop. Build your top 11 and then go for it. (and WR1, TE1, LT are set, LG and C hopefully too. RT maybe if he recovers from that slump after injury. Just need to find that damn QB and a good RB).

Big fan of Fergie ever since his rookie season, hope he'll continue to bring the rain!
Very smooth way to bash the QB. Kudos. :rolleyes:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
No one bashed your poster boi. I have been transparent about my wish for a complete rebuild, starting with the QB ever since the GB game. They did a pretty good job (supposedly) with drafting a couple of positions already, especially in this year's draft. They have to focus on drafting QBs in the next two years though.

Dak doesn't even happen anymore as far as I'm concerned. 20 pre season games coming up followed by a loss in a game that matters. I'm looking forward to the times after. Whether that's next season or in six years. I have more time left than Jerry.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys haven’t had that kinda player in a long time.
Where have you been? We’ve had tough and gritty players on our team for years.

I really wish that you would stop hating and downplaying our players. It’s getting really tiresome.

If you don’t think our players are nasty enough, you can leave and go join Houston’s fanbase!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Good blocker. Can be an asset. Receiver? Well he catches the ball, but is not going to stretch the field. That's a different type of TE that requires a lot higher draft pick, or money to get in free agency then say a Jake Ferguson.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
One thing that is sorely missing in this team are bullies. When teams play bully ball they fold, and with Fergie he’s a dude with that bully mentality who won’t be intimidated. Hoffman has it too you can see it. I really thought we were gonna get that with Mazi and his attitude for just wanting to hit people don’t know what happened there another talker? . However we need more bullies like that, and less dudes like Micah and Mazi who just talk.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
One thing that is sorely missing in this team are bullies. When teams play bully ball they fold, and with Fergie he’s a dude with that bully mentality who won’t be intimidated. Hoffman has it too you can see it. I really thought we were gonna get that with Mazi and his attitude for just wanting to hit people don’t know what happened there another talker? . However we need more bullies like that, and less dudes like Micah and Mazi who just talk.
So, so true! I’m hoping some of these draft picks, who are supposedly no-nonsense physical types, will add to the bullies.