News: BTB: NFL Analyst: "Dak Prescott Is Going To Be A Star."

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It wouldn't have shocked me at all if this team decided to have drafted two quarterbacks in this draft. I think Dak was always going to be that 2nd 4th round pick.
There were indications of that.

But when they coached that college All Star game..

it was all about Wentz, Goff and Connor.

It may have been a misdirection since Zeke was their choice..

It doesn't matter and the team should be quiet about the where and why DAK so as not to mess with Romo.

But it is now interesting for us now.

Something I have wanted for the last 5 years since Garrett came.

I want Garrett to stand up and make DAK be the starter going forward..

but he will not go against Jerrah who gave him the job.

Thats understood.

Romo will be under alot of pressure now having missed almost 2 years at the position..

so I think it will have to play out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There were indications of that.

But when they coached that college All Star game..

it was all about Wentz, Goff and Connor.

It may have been a misdirection since Zeke was their choice..

It doesn't matter and the team should be quiet about the where and why DAK so as not to mess with Romo.

But it is now interesting for us now.

Something I have wanted for the last 5 years since Garrett came.

I want Garrett to stand up and make DAK be the starter going forward..

but he will not go against Jerrah who gave him the job.

Thats understood.

Romo will be under alot of pressure now having missed almost 2 years at the position..

so I think it will have to play out.

It was but for some reason you just felt like they were never taking a quarterback with that 1st rounder. I think they were willing to take whichever one was going to slide in the draft. Initially, Wentz was seen as a 2nd round pick and I think the Cowboys would've taken him early in the 2nd. Then his stock just got too insane to justify the trade up in the 1st.

But one thing that was constant was there love for Dak. Dak was tied to this team long before the draft. I believe he had two interviews at Valley Ranch if i'm not mistaken including one after the DUI drama came about.

Dak was always going to be here barring someone taking him earlier than the 4th. But I do think Lynch or Wentz would've been here as well if they could've got them.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I wish would have been spatially aware enough to hit an open Beasley in the final drive of the Giants game.

Having said that, I'm encouraged with his progress, but I aint got the anointing oil out yet. :)
then your no judge of talent

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL that he aced Parcells QB test.

God hates me. I knew it the moment Geoff friggin Swaim became his go to receiver.

lkelly

Reaction score
RG III trying to learn "spatial awareness"

65169606_telescopemilkyway.jpg

Gameover

Reaction score
If he is, it's been a pretty good streak so far. No picks, and very few misreads. Very few accuracy problems, too.

I'm already convinced this guy is the real deal. The NY game was all it took for me.

If he is the real deal, would you be willing to trade Romo for a first round pick?

Gameover

Reaction score
It wouldn't have shocked me at all if this team decided to have drafted two quarterbacks in this draft. I think Dak was always going to be that 2nd 4th round pick.

You think the Cowboys think on that level?

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Daks floor is a solid NFL backup. He is at least that NOW. I would argue that he is currently better than close to half the starting QBs in the league. The sky is the limit.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think Daks floor is a solid NFL backup. He is at least that NOW. I would argue that he is currently better than close to half the starting QBs in the league. The sky is the limit.

So are you saying that close to half the starting QBs in the league should be backups?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I didn't see this kid being this good from what I saw in college.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dakota is going to need to wait a few years before becoming a star. He might be the best QB on a NFL bench until the end of the decade .

Will be interesting to see if he becomes the official starter before we need to extend his contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys never expected him becoming the heir apparent. He was only meant to be a better backup than Moore.

A QB controversy is last thing Jerry wanted. It's not Romo friendly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry's dream is for Romo to win a championship finally delivering Jerry the credit he's been pursuing since the Jimmy built dynasty .

Dakota or any QB coming in and showing Romo up or taking his glory away is not in his plans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Romo can't stay healthy, not much chance keeping his glory.
Until Romo has a career ending injury he's our guy. Unless we extend his contract which runs thru 2019. The last year of Dakotas Rookie contract.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Until Romo has a career ending injury he's our guy. Unless we extend his contract which runs thru 2019. The last year of Dakotas Rookie contract.

Well we know he's gonna get injured again. But yes, the contract keeps him here. And the Joneses love him.