News: BTB: Report: Buffalo Bills to sign Cole Beasley to four-year contract worth $29M

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_11993411.0.jpg

Cole Beasley will be moving on from the Cowboys.

The Dallas Cowboys have yet to make a big splash themselves in free agency, and until about lunchtime on Tuesday neither had the players that were previously on their team.

That’s all changed. Cole Beasley is headed to the Buffalo Bills.

#Bills aren't done at WR. They will sign WR Cole Beasley, sources say. He'll get $29 million over four years.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 12, 2019

There had been discussions that Beasley wanted $20M guaranteed, he ended up getting $14.4M. Dallas was never going to pay him that.

How far apart were Dallas and Buffalo? Really far! #Cowboys final offer I’m told was roughly 18M over 3 yrs. WR Cole Beasley will see most of his money in the first two seasons with Bills. Averaged roughly 58 balls in 4 seasons with Dallas, looking for closer to 75 in Buffalo.

— Jane Slater (@SlaterNFL) March 12, 2019

Beasley has played all seven of his seasons to this point with the Dallas Cowboys. He has 319 catches for 3,271 yards and 23 touchdowns. He’s been a great receiver and provided some fantastic moments, but the business of football has led to a separation. Beasley’s departure will also likely give the Cowboys a compensatory pick next offseason.

I’ll always love #cowboyszone and I appreciate the time we have had together. Thanks to the jones family for giving me a shot. Excited for this new journey. Can’t wait to get started in Buffalo. Let’s go! #BillsMafia

— Cole Beasley (@Bease11) March 12, 2019

Dallas will host the Buffalo Bills in 2019 so we’ll be seeing Beasley soon. Best of luck to him in his future, we sure had some fun together.

Continue reading...