BTB: Roster Battle Beebe VS. Hoffman

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think the staff already knows what to expect from Hoffman, while Beebe will be obliged to outplay him in short order throughout training camp. That's a lot to expect from a green rookie, although, it might be a tough decision to make in the early weeks. With that being the situation, it wouldn't be too shocking if Hoffman got the job early-on, but I think there's a good chance that Beebe will take over that spot in due time. It should prove interesting.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If Beebe can't win the spot, it's another wasted pick. Hoffman was undrafted, and in preseason looked awful...was getting blown up in the center of the line when he came in. I was actually shocked that they kept him. I will say he did better when he got to play in a couple regular season games, but if Beebe as a high pick can't come in and take the spot it shows a misfire. I will say there certainly looks to be a lot of bodies to compete for positions, starting and reserve.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The "battle" was over the moment the OL Coach got on the phone and told 'The Keg' to start working out as a Center.
"Thanks Brock. We'll take it from here buddy."

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Hoffman had the job by default, being the only other center besides Biadasz., but i'm all for competition and may the best 5 win. Personally think Beebe will have the starting job if not at the start of the season, pretty much in the first quarter of it. Ain't like he's trying to replace Frederick.