BTB: The Cowboys free agent additions that are likely to stick, and who will probably go

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s roster projection season for NFL fans and media. With the 90-man training camp roster mostly set, we will be spending much of the next three months trying to figure out who the Dallas Cowboys will keep for their 53-man roster. A lot of attention is understandably on the draft class. That is not, of course, the only way new players are brought in. While Dallas drafted eleven players, they have so far also signed ten veteran free agents from outside, with WR Johnnie Dixon the latest. In some cases these veterans are in direct competition with rookies, while others may be more complementary. In any case, the team has to make a decision on all of them.

Let’s make some guesses (contracts are included, because those do matter in roster decisions).

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-to-stick-and-who-will-probably-go-neal-kazee

Jipper

Reaction score
A lot of players on this list I had never heard of before being connected with the cowboys....just don’t know enough about most of them to pass any type of judgement but just seems like a handful of 2 dollar scratch off lottery tickets.

very little risk but just not much upside

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s roster projection season for NFL fans and media. With the 90-man training camp roster mostly set, we will be spending much of the next three months trying to figure out who the Dallas Cowboys will keep for their 53-man roster. A lot of attention is understandably on the draft class. That is not, of course, the only way new players are brought in. While Dallas drafted eleven players, they have so far also signed ten veteran free agents from outside, with WR Johnnie Dixon the latest. In some cases these veterans are in direct competition with rookies, while others may be more complementary. In any case, the team has to make a decision on all of them.

Let’s make some guesses (contracts are included, because those do matter in roster decisions).

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-to-stick-and-who-will-probably-go-neal-kazee
Thanks. It's a good read.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good article in a nutshell type read.
I think they all could stick given the teams history of lack of depth. Well not sure why they put Johnny Dixon in there, he will not be on the roster unless they have like 5 WR's that get injured.

A player such as Watkins, I could see, however the Armstrong experiment will end, in yet another wasted mid round pick on a project DE. They claim was not used right in the NCAA.
I know different positions, but still a roster spot on the overall DL numbers. As they have a lot of DE's already that would push Armstrong off the roster.