BTB: Top 10 QBs for 2021 Season. Surprise name in Top 5

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The top 10
Find out who’s among the NFL’s elite.

By Matt Holleran@HolleranMDH Jun 29, 2021, 12:00pm CDT
1322522462.0.jpg
Photo by Julio Aguilar/Getty Images

Today we wrap up our starting quarterback list heading into the 2021 season by looking at the ten best quarterbacks in football. The list includes some legendary veterans and one surprise name in the top five.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...rbacks-coming-into-the-2021-season-the-top-10

Discuss...

:popcorn:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agreed. They sure do.

Trask is a clone to the Brady type of QB.
He could have been drafted to back up Dak, and at that point in the draft I would have been good with the pick, and good with the position with Dak and Trask and dismiss the rest of the nonsense that wastes roster space.
But the truth is that most teams wont invest there with youth and potential when they are just in second contract with their franchise QB.
Its a mistake not to but thats just my opinion.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He could have been drafted to back up Dak, and at that point in the draft I would have been good with the pick, and good with the position with Dak and Trask and dismiss the rest of the nonsense that wastes roster space.
But the truth is that most teams wont invest there with youth and potential when they are just in second contract with their franchise QB.
Its a mistake not to but thats just my opinion.
100% agree with you.

I also wished the Cowboys had used a mid round pick on Trask. He's a very good and accurate passer, even though he's not that mobile. Let's hope Garrett Gilbert can carry the team in case Dak reinjures his lower leg injury. If not, 2021 will become another wasted season just like 2020 did.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The top 10

1322522462.0.jpg

Today we wrap up our starting quarterback list heading into the 2021 season by looking at the ten best quarterbacks in football. The list includes some legendary veterans and one surprise name in the top five.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...rbacks-coming-into-the-2021-season-the-top-10

Discuss...

It's all in front of him
To be successful.
Hope Dak takes the bull by the horns.
Have a great year Dak.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The top 10

1322522462.0.jpg

Discuss...

I was surprised to see dak at 5
He certainly has the potential

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's all in front of him
To be successful.
Hope Dak takes the bull by the horns.
Have a great year Dak.
Amen, JVB!

I believe Dak is going to pick up where he left off last season and truly help light up this super talented Offense to franchise record breaking statistics. If our Defense ends up improving and becoming at least "average" compared to the other 31 teams, this team has the potential to get back to the playoffs and make some noise once there.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Amen, JVB!

I believe Dak is going to pick up where he left off last season and truly help light up this super talented Offense to franchise record breaking statistics. If our Defense ends up improving and becoming at least "average" compared to the other 31 teams, this team has the potential to get back to the playoffs and make some noise once there.
Yes sir!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Amen, JVB!

When you have chemistry you have the potential to be great.
Dak, Zeke, Jaylon, even LVE all have a point to prove,, thats a good thing, motivation and comradery can win championships.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I will be curious to see if Stafford can actually be a winner. Josh Allen would be in my top 5 before Dak but that would just move Dak to 6 on that list. Deshawn, while I think may be better than Dak from a physical standpoint, that's about it. He is a bit short on all other intangibles, not counting his other issues. Lamar is just not a good QB. Great runner though.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lamar is just not a good QB

I am curious to see his development in year 3 (as a starter). Coming into the league, I didn't think he had the accuracy to even get on the field. At times during his last two seasons, he has almost won me over ..... then have a stretch where he struggles. If he can get more consistently accurate, he would definitely move up the rankings IMO.

I firmly believe you have to be a passing QB who can run not a runner who can be a passer to have a chance to contend. No one has ever disproven this. Lot of great athletes were allowed to pretend to be QB's to their team's detriment.

Also curious about Kyler Murray as he appears to actually be a pass first QB who can be lethal when he runs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The top 10

1322522462.0.jpg

Discuss...

Thats pretty much my list right there. Another damaging blow to the "dak is average" crowd.

Wait............or has the goal post moved from "average to good"?

I cant keep up. It keeps changing as their angle gets more and more pathetic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I will be curious to see if Stafford can actually be a winner. Josh Allen would be in my top 5 before Dak but that would just move Dak to 6 on that list. Deshawn, while I think may be better than Dak from a physical standpoint, that's about it. He is a bit short on all other intangibles, not counting his other issues. Lamar is just not a good QB. Great runner though.

Its been obvious that the team around Stafford is the issue. Stafford is a great QB and will make the Rams even better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Thats pretty much my list right there. Another damaging blow to the "dak is average" crowd.

Wait............or has the goal post moved from "average to good"?

I cant keep up. It keeps changing as their angle gets more and more pathetic.
:muttley::thumbup::flagwave:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s going to a playoff proven team with a great defense. We’ll see what Stafford can do. No excuses now. He’ll probably get hurt and Rams miss playoffs. Karma can be hell. Lol

Yea, I’d place Allen further up as well. He’s my #5. And Im not sure Watson and Tannehill are that high. But after the top 4 the rest could be shuffled in different orders. Dak deserves to be somewhere in the mix while I think 5 is a tad high. But these rankings are a dime a dozen.

Herbert is going to be the next stud. We will see in Week 2.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s going to a playoff proven team with a great defense. We’ll see what Stafford can do. No excuses now. He’ll probably get hurt and Rams miss playoffs. Karma can be hell. Lol

Yea, I’d place Allen further up as well. He’s my #5. And Im not sure Watson and Tannehill are that high. But after the top 4 the rest could be shuffled in different orders. Dak deserves to be somewhere in the mix while I think 5 is a tad high. But these rankings are a dime a dozen.

Herbert is going to be the next stud. We will see in Week 2.

Love Allen, but he had really only had one great season. I agree him and Dak are right there. Stafford will ball with the Rams.

Hebert looked great the first 8 games but had difficulties in the 2nd half of the year. Was particularly bad in the 4th quarter and crunch time. I like the kid.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Question for both Dak lovers and haters:

What do you realistically expect from him and what would be your feelings if he does not meet those expectations?

Me? He signed that contract and quickly went from the best bargain in the NFL to possibly the worst. I expect top 3 in the MVP voting and a deep playoff run. If he does not meet those expectations then I will be highly disappointed and curse his name and Jerrys name along with it for giving him that contract.

The bar is high, he's in "the best shape of his life", he's got his money, and is getting talked up a lot. No excuses. Get it done.