BTB:Under The Radar Prospects For The Cowboys: Brandon Brooks

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...raft-under-the-radar-prospects-brandon-brooks
by Archie Barberio on Apr 11, 2012 10:30 AM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Draft
As the draft inches closer, we know who the Cowboys are interested in by the prospects they invite to Valley Ranch. I wanted to shake things up here and talk about some players who haven't been on the Cowboys radar. In this new series, I will detail some prospects that haven't been invited to visit with the team.

They solved the tackle issue last year with the selection of Tyron Smith. Doug Free really can't be any worse next year because he looked so dominant at right tackle in 2009, the position he will be moving back to due to the rise of the Smith at left tackle. The tackle positions are set in stone, but even with the free agent splurge at guard, the Cowboys cannot be done adding talent there.

The position I decided to focus on today, offensive guard, is a huge need for the team. Continuing to build the offensive line will help Tony Romo stay off the injury list, but a dominant guard will also help in short yardage and red-zone situations. For the last few years, we have wanted to see this offensive line rebuilt. By adding a physical guard, we may not be too far away from achieving our wishes.