BTB: Whose stock is rising and falling after week seven for the Cowboys?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
usa_today_10363938.0.jpg

Cowboys player stocks that are rising and falling after 40-10 win over 49ers.

The Cowboys got back to 3-3 after serving up a walloping to the 49ers and dropping them to 0-7 on the year. With a matchup looming with the Commanders, let’s take a look at the Cowboys stock.

Stock Up

Run Defense

With Sean Lee and Anthony Hitchens back in the middle of the defense, they combined for 13 tackles, five of which were for a loss. The defense allowed 103 rushing yards and 4.7 per rush but it’s an improvement. They were able to force the 49ers to abandon the run early as they poured on the points. Hyde finished with 68 rushing yards and C.J. Beathard had 30 yards with one rushing touchdown. Look how effective Jaylon Smith is when he gets limited snaps:

Fantastic play from Jaylon Smith. Takes on block, puts Joe Staley on his butt and makes the tackle. Teaching tape. #DallasCowboyspic.twitter.com/n3ivj3oCOy

— John Owning (@JohnOwning) October 24, 2017

RETURN OF THE SWIPE!! @thejaylonsmith pic.twitter.com/zco6ZckckZ

— Blue Star Squad (@BlueStarSquad) October 22, 2017

That’s the kind of football the Cowboys want to play and by having their offense in sync, they were able to make the 49ers one-dimensional. That allowed the entire defense to come away with five sacks and two takeaways. It was a good day as the Cowboys had 12.5 total tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

Stock Down

Taco Charlton

With both Damontre Moore and Benson Mayowa made inactive, it was a huge chance for Charlton to finally do something in the regular season.

Taco Charlton? Nah, Pancake Charlton. #SoftTaco pic.twitter.com/newcFsL9L1

— Rigo (@RigoSon51) October 24, 2017

Now, the Cowboys are rolling in the sack department with 21 sacks on the year, ranking them sixth in the league. Taco Charlton has four tackles and zero of them are sacks. He’s just struggling to not continuously do the same spin-move that isn’t working. You can’t get as many snaps as he’s getting and walk away with nothing in a 40-10 whooping. Too often, Charlton gets knocked off his feet and that’s pretty darn embarrassing. The rookie has a lot to learn about rushing the passer in the National Football League.

Stock Up

Dak Prescott

For three straight games, Prescott has thrown three touchdown passes, two Cowboys’ Hall of Famers never did that in their careers. Prescott is having himself one heck of a slump, isn’t he? That last part was for all the media out there who wrote a lot of wasted words in the offseason. Dak Prescott has thrown for 14 touchdowns and has ran in another three on the season. He’s got over 1,400 passing yards and is second in total QBR at 78.1, Deshaun Watson is the only guy he trails.

Dak Prescott threw 3 TD passes, giving him 3 consecutive games with 3 TD passes. Tony Romo & Don Meredith are only other Cowboys to do same: pic.twitter.com/h2E1DotV0g

— Jon Machota (@**********) October 23, 2017

Dak’s passer rating is 98.2, where he currently sits at eighth in the NFL but that will likely climb as the season progresses. This game was a perfect example of how the Cowboys like to be on offense. Dak’s been terrific this season and continues to shine in this offense. He’s proven he can go toe-to-toe with the elite passers like Aaron Rodgers and that’s a tall task for a second-year quarterback. Take another bow, young man.

Dak Prescott has 7 career games with 3+ TD passes and 1 or fewer INTs. Only Dan Marino has more such games in 1st 2 seasons (9).

— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) October 22, 2017

Continue reading...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Charlton's game will improve if he can develop an inside swim move that will split the tackle and guard in passing situations. I am not confident in his spin move evolving to the point that it will consistently overcome tackle blocking driving him to the side and back of the quarterback pocket.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
usa_today_10363938.0.jpg

Cowboys player stocks that are rising and falling after 40-10 win over 49ers.

The Cowboys got back to 3-3 after serving up a walloping to the 49ers and dropping them to 0-7 on the year. With a matchup looming with the Commanders, let’s take a look at the Cowboys stock.

Stock Up

Run Defense

With Sean Lee and Anthony Hitchens back in the middle of the defense, they combined for 13 tackles, five of which were for a loss. The defense allowed 103 rushing yards and 4.7 per rush but it’s an improvement. They were able to force the 49ers to abandon the run early as they poured on the points. Hyde finished with 68 rushing yards and C.J. Beathard had 30 yards with one rushing touchdown. Look how effective Jaylon Smith is when he gets limited snaps:

Fantastic play from Jaylon Smith. Takes on block, puts Joe Staley on his butt and makes the tackle. Teaching tape. #DallasCowboyspic.twitter.com/n3ivj3oCOy

— John Owning (@JohnOwning) October 24, 2017

RETURN OF THE SWIPE!! @thejaylonsmith pic.twitter.com/zco6ZckckZ

— Blue Star Squad (@BlueStarSquad) October 22, 2017

That’s the kind of football the Cowboys want to play and by having their offense in sync, they were able to make the 49ers one-dimensional. That allowed the entire defense to come away with five sacks and two takeaways. It was a good day as the Cowboys had 12.5 total tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

Stock Down

Taco Charlton

With both Damontre Moore and Benson Mayowa made inactive, it was a huge chance for Charlton to finally do something in the regular season.

Taco Charlton? Nah, Pancake Charlton. #SoftTaco pic.twitter.com/newcFsL9L1

— Rigo (@RigoSon51) October 24, 2017

Now, the Cowboys are rolling in the sack department with 21 sacks on the year, ranking them sixth in the league. Taco Charlton has four tackles and zero of them are sacks. He’s just struggling to not continuously do the same spin-move that isn’t working. You can’t get as many snaps as he’s getting and walk away with nothing in a 40-10 whooping. Too often, Charlton gets knocked off his feet and that’s pretty darn embarrassing. The rookie has a lot to learn about rushing the passer in the National Football League.

Stock Up

Dak Prescott

For three straight games, Prescott has thrown three touchdown passes, two Cowboys’ Hall of Famers never did that in their careers. Prescott is having himself one heck of a slump, isn’t he? That last part was for all the media out there who wrote a lot of wasted words in the offseason. Dak Prescott has thrown for 14 touchdowns and has ran in another three on the season. He’s got over 1,400 passing yards and is second in total QBR at 78.1, Deshaun Watson is the only guy he trails.

Dak Prescott threw 3 TD passes, giving him 3 consecutive games with 3 TD passes. Tony Romo & Don Meredith are only other Cowboys to do same: pic.twitter.com/h2E1DotV0g

— Jon Machota (@**********) October 23, 2017

Dak’s passer rating is 98.2, where he currently sits at eighth in the NFL but that will likely climb as the season progresses. This game was a perfect example of how the Cowboys like to be on offense. Dak’s been terrific this season and continues to shine in this offense. He’s proven he can go toe-to-toe with the elite passers like Aaron Rodgers and that’s a tall task for a second-year quarterback. Take another bow, young man.

Dak Prescott has 7 career games with 3+ TD passes and 1 or fewer INTs. Only Dan Marino has more such games in 1st 2 seasons (9).

— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) October 22, 2017

Continue reading...

Pancake Charlton!!! LOL Love that one. "Soft Taco" is another good one.

Marinelli or whomever suggested we draft him over Watt should get fired immediately.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
It's obvious to pretty much everyone tacos current skill set and play level is boo boo. Hopefully another year of offseason training and conditioning coupled with experience will benefit him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Charlton's game will improve if he can develop an inside swim move that will split the tackle and guard in passing situations. I am not confident in his spin move evolving to the point that it will consistently overcome tackle blocking driving him to the side and back of the quarterback pocket.

Everybody knows I wanted them to draft TJ Watt, but I think they need to find a better example if they're trying to bash Taco.

He gets knocked down as a result of two guys double-teaming him, while Smith beats his single block on the opposite side, getting to the quarterback Andrew tipping the ball for a near interception? I'll take that "failure" all day.

The guys also made a fourth down play that got the 59ers off the field. But I guess unless it's a sack, it doesn't matter?

Stock Down? Blogging the Boys writer.

Verdict

Reaction score
Everybody knows I wanted them to draft TJ Watt, but I think they need to find a better example if they're trying to bash Taco.

He gets knocked down as a result of two guys double-teaming him, while Smith beats his single block on the opposite side, getting to the quarterback Andrew tipping the ball for a near interception? I'll take that "failure" all day.

The guys also made a fourth down play that got the 59ers off the field. But I guess unless it's a sack, it doesn't matter?

Stock Down? Blogging the Boys writer.

I generally agree with your insight, but i think you are giving Taco way too much credit. Four tackles in six games is not acceptable. He has been totally ineffective so far. Just short of worthless.

That's not to say he is a bust because it's too early to label him that, but it's not outside the realm of possibility either.

I think we over drafted him, but he may eventually turn into a player. Most likely at LDE or at DT.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Tha is fascinating, mate! Keep up the good work!
Blimey! Thank your aunt for tha charming shawl she made for me. Winter is coming!
Go Cowboys!