Bucky analyzes the Red Rider

Qcard

Reaction score
The Cowboys official site has essentially posted an article saying Dalton is a QB1 whos suited to the new offense...........a few days before Daks deadline .....

Sounds like a shot across the bow to Dak re sulking if he has to play on the tag. A pro media team would not do this by accident.
The article is from May 4th....that is today and everyday in Dak Hater realm

NotForLong

Reaction score
Perfect fit! His butt circumference fits the Cowboys benches perfectly.

There has been so many threads in past seasons extolling the virtues of a backup QB. However, when they have been called upon to replace the starter, it's a nightmare..

The Cowboys backups for the past 9 seasons:

Stephen McGee
Kyle Orton
Brandon Weeden
Matt Cassel
Kellen Moore
Mark Sanchez

A combined 2-17.

Why would Dalton be different considering he's coming off his worst season? We aren't getting the quick strong 25 year old version. Dalton will turn 33 halfway through the season, that includes some tough mileage.

Now with that said, I want more than anything else to be proven wrong should that occasion arise. I would certainly root for him, I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. I would just be a rather less optimistic Dallas Cowboy fan.

Then again, what are the chances? Dak is one of the more, if not most, durable QB's in the NFL.
You forgot to mention Dak in 2016. How did that work out?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Here we go . . . Another Angry Man.

Hating on Dalton when you should be rejoicing and then projecting on me what I feel.

You couldn't just agree Dalton is a good thing, could you?
maybe they are afraid of Dalton?? lol
Dak gets concussion, and dalton comes in and lights it up! 6 td's and 500 yds passing in 3 qtrs!
Of course even if that happened jones boys would have him back on the bench the next week lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You discount the possibility of injury to dak. Hope it never happens, but if it does, great to have a good backup. Chance favors the preferred mind.
I'm not discounting the possibility of Dak being injured. I'm saying it has not happened yet and until then Dalton will only be sitting on the bench.

cern

Reaction score
It makes no difference how dependable and experienced he is, his backside is still never leaving the bench until its time to head for the locker room.
Guess i missed the part about injury.

cern

Reaction score
Yup, you did. No one knows if Dak will be injured this year so why talk about it?
Why talk about dalton as if he (dak) won't get injured. Again, hope he doesn't, but better to be prepared.

plasticman

Reaction score
You forgot to mention Dak in 2016. How did that work out?
When was Dak Prescott ever a backup during the regular season? He was designated the starter for game #1 in 2016 and he has started every game since.

Since the day Dak was drafted, no other QB has started a regular season game for the Dallas Cowboys. Technically, he has never been the backup quarterback.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Why talk about dalton as if he (dak) won't get injured. Again, hope he doesn't, but better to be prepared.

Dalton should be ideally suited to fill in as a backup and distinguish himself in the process.

He can be pretty exceptional in the pocket, given due time to pick his receiver and deliver.

Those making harsh statements about Andy may be wise to wait and see him with C'boys.

Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score
When was Dak Prescott ever a backup during the regular season? He was designated the starter for game #1 in 2016 and he has started every game since.

Since the day Dak was drafted, no other QB has started a regular season game for the Dallas Cowboys. Technically, he has never been the backup quarterback.
Technically he was a backup, Literally he wasn't