News: Bucky Brooks 2022 NFL mock draft 1.0

morasp

Reaction score
Cowboys take Kenyon Green OG.

Pick 1 Jacksonville Jaguars
SELECTION: Evan Neal, OT
  • School: Alabama
  • Year: Junior
Protecting franchise quarterback Trevor Lawrence is the No. 1 priority for Jacksonville. With Cam Robinson set to hit free agency, the Jaguars could pair Neal with 2021 second-rounder Walker Little to man the edges for years to come.

Pick 2 Detroit Lions
SELECTION: Aidan Hutchinson, Edge
  • School: Michigan
  • Year: Senior
Detroit coach Dan Campbell could fall in love with the ultra-athletic, high-motor pass rusher with Michigan roots. Hutchinson's relentlessness and superb technique could make him a double-digit sack artist early in his career.

Pick 3 Houston Texans
SELECTION: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge
  • School: Oregon
The electric pass rusher has a boom-or-bust feel to his game, but his raw tools are just too enticing to ignore. If NFL coaching can fully unlock his potential, Thibodeaux could shine as a shop wrecker off the edge on Sundays.

Bucky Brooks 2022 NFL mock draft 1.0: Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral only QBs selected in Round 1

visionary

Reaction score
I’d prefer Davis but would be fine with Green

I’ll break something If one of them is there and we take Dean

Carson

Reaction score
its early but i am keeping an eye on Green,jermaine johnson and Dean at 24. i think they will not consider jordan davis at 24.
These are my three that I'm focusing on right now. Green plugs and plays day one but I'm highest on Johnson at the moment

morasp

Reaction score
its early but i am keeping an eye on Green,jermaine johnson and Dean at 24. i think they will not consider jordan davis at 24.
Dean's football IQ and instincts would be a great asset for the defense.

Carson

Reaction score
Dean's football IQ and instincts would be a great asset for the defense.
I love Dean.

He just screams a dominant force in Quinns scheme. Being a bit undersized, I feel like he's a pro bowl caliber player under Quinn.

morasp

Reaction score
I love Dean.

He just screams a dominant force in Quinns scheme. Being a bit undersized, I feel like he's a pro bowl caliber player under Quinn.
Wish he was a little bigger but his size might be the reason he would fall to us.

Reactions: JPM

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Wouldnt be upset at that at all. With how his mock turns out I wouldn't rule out DeMarvin Leal either.

He may be a little light to play DT at the NFL level, but he has show potential to be a double digit sack guy from the interior of the OL. Seemed to handle college G ok, will be a different story in the NFL though. How well he can play the run against bigger interior OL may force him outside to end.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dean would be my choice if draft fell this way

Would love to add Davis there, but I know I'll get my hopes up - watch him the entire draft keep falling to Dallas, gets to their pick and he's still there - hands rubbing together, thinking - Finally, a monster DT for Dallas, and then disappointment. I'm just gonna not go there this year....

Sydla

Reaction score
I can live with Green.

There are some odd picks in there however. 17 for Penning seems high and 15 for Hamilton seems way low. Pickett at 9?

Carson

Reaction score
I can live with Green.

There are some odd picks in there however. 17 for Penning seems high and 15 for Hamilton seems way low. Pickett at 9?
Green to me is like the Zach Martin pick. (Not comparing the players with this at all). But you see the flashy picks all around. Some are disappointed by going the trenches. You see the pass rushers, the receiver etc. You end up with Green over a LB, WR etc. Green comes in and is a 10 year starter, multiple pro bowls, reinvigorates the O-Line. To me its, 1a)Green, 1b)Dean, 1c) Johnson. I am content and happy with any of the 3 and they all come in as Day one starters.

I think Penning is going to rise after this week. Solid film, solid measurables and a dominant week of practice could go a long way to him rising.

Pickett is going to be one of those panic QB picks. Same as Ridder. Teams always want to panic pick when QB's start moving.

I would die if Philly got Hamilton. I would double die if somehow they landed him @ 15 and then Johnson @ 19!

I like Bucky. He is always an out side of the box thinker. His mocks will change 1,000 times by then. But I love that he attempts to be different and think differently.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I love Dean.

I think Cox will do just fine playing Dean’s position on the Cowboys and he was a fourth round pick. Off ball linebackers can be had in later rounds. We need front seven pass rushers or impact offensive interior linemen at the 24 pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
would love that pick.
kenyon green,og-texas a&m is my guy.

Hardline

Reaction score
Everyone is starting to mock Evan Neil to be the first overall player drafted. I've been saying this for weeks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys take Kenyon Green OG.

Pick 1 Jacksonville Jaguars
SELECTION: Evan Neal, OT
  • School: Alabama
Protecting franchise quarterback Trevor Lawrence is the No. 1 priority for Jacksonville. With Cam Robinson set to hit free agency, the Jaguars could pair Neal with 2021 second-rounder Walker Little to man the edges for years to come.

Pick 2 Detroit Lions
SELECTION: Aidan Hutchinson, Edge
  • School: Michigan
  • Year: Senior
Detroit coach Dan Campbell could fall in love with the ultra-athletic, high-motor pass rusher with Michigan roots. Hutchinson's relentlessness and superb technique could make him a double-digit sack artist early in his career.

Pick 3 Houston Texans
SELECTION: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge
  • School: Oregon
The electric pass rusher has a boom-or-bust feel to his game, but his raw tools are just too enticing to ignore. If NFL coaching can fully unlock his potential, Thibodeaux could shine as a shop wrecker off the edge on Sundays.

Bucky Brooks 2022 NFL mock draft 1.0: Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral only QBs selected in Round 1
Gardner over Stingly is interesting

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can live with Green.

I think Penning is going to be a riser. I could see him being the 3rd OT when all is said and done

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Green to me is like the Zach Martin pick. (Not comparing the players with this at all). But you see the flashy picks all around. Some are disappointed by going the trenches. You see the pass rushers, the receiver etc. You end up with Green over a LB, WR etc. Green comes in and is a 10 year starter, multiple pro bowls, reinvigorates the O-Line. To me its, 1a)Green, 1b)Dean, 1c) Johnson. I am content and happy with any of the 3 and they all come in as Day one starters.

I think Penning is going to rise after this week. Solid film, solid measurables and a dominant week of practice could go a long way to him rising.

Pickett is going to be one of those panic QB picks. Same as Ridder. Teams always want to panic pick when QB's start moving.

I would die if Philly got Hamilton. I would double die if somehow they landed him @ 15 and then Johnson @ 19!

I like Bucky. He is always an out side of the box thinker. His mocks will change 1,000 times by then. But I love that he attempts to be different and think differently.
Ya I really hate Philadelphia's draft. We just to face the fact both Philadelphia and NY are going to add alot of talent. At least as far as Philadelphia, that gap between them and us is going to close significantly

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Wouldnt be upset at that at all. With how his mock turns out I wouldn't rule out DeMarvin Leal either.

He may be a little light to play DT at the NFL level, but he has show potential to be a double digit sack guy from the interior of the OL. Seemed to handle college G ok, will be a different story in the NFL though. How well he can play the run against bigger interior OL may force him outside to end.
I would love DeMarvin Leal.... he is a Tank replacement. Just a bigger DE who can play inside at times. I just don't see Dallas taking him unless Gregory or another FA pass rusher isn't signed.

visionary

Reaction score
I think Cox will do just fine playing Dean’s position on the Cowboys and he was a fourth round pick. Off ball linebackers can be had in later rounds. We need front seven pass rushers or impact offensive interior linemen at the 24 pick.

this x100
Give me OL or DL at 24