Bucky Brooks: All Pros, Pro Bowlers and overachievers in this class

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-d...ievers-in-this-class?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

-

ALL-PROS
These are the elite prospects in the class -- they should rank among the top five players at their respective positions in two to three years.

1. Caleb Williams QB USC
2. Marvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio St.
3. Malik Nabers WR LSU
4. Rome Odunze WR Washington
5. Brock Bowers TE Georgia

-

PRO BOWLERS
These prospects are regarded as difference-makers based solely on their talent. They should make immediate contributions as rookies and rank among the top 10 at their position within two to three years.

1. Joe Alt T Notre Dame
2. Taliese Fuaga T Oregon St.
3. Laiatu Latu EDGE UCLA
4. Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
5. Byron Murphy II DT Texas
6. Cooper DeJean CB Iowa
7. Dallas Turner EDGE Alabama
8. Jared Verse EDGE Florida St.
9. Jayden Daniels QB LSU
10. Payton Wilson LB North Carolina St.

-

RED STARS
On the "Move the Sticks" podcast, Daniel Jeremiah and I have previously discussed how scouts will stand on the table for guys they believe will outperform their draft status. In the scouting world, these players are called "red star" guys because they are destined to make their mark in the league despite circumstances. After surveying the 2024 class for players with the right skills and intangibles to perform better than their draft grades, here are my five red-star prospects to watch:

1. Terrion Arnold CB Alabama
A versatile defender with impressive instincts, awareness and movement skills, Arnold is a plug-and-play starter with outstanding playmaking potential. The Alabama product flashes shutdown corner skills but could make his mark as a slot defender occupying multiple roles as a designated playmaker on a defense that employs a multi-faceted sub-package scheme.

2. Michael Penix Jr. QB Washington
The left-handed gunslinger is a fearless big-play machine. As the top deep-ball passer in the 2024 class, Penix forces opponents to defend the entire field while also displaying the discipline and patience to win utilizing a dink-and-dunk approach when needed. Though his extensive injury history will lead to concerns over his long-term durability, Penix has superstar potential as a polished pocket passer with a high IQ and quick release.

3. Mike Sainristil CB Michigan
It is hard to find a better fit for the slot-corner role than Sainristil. The receiver-turned-cornerback is a high-IQ defender with the instincts and ball skills to create big plays on the perimeter in key moments. Despite his slender frame (5-foot-9, 182 pounds), Sainristil is built to handle the rigors of the position as a tough-minded, aggressive defender.

4. Will Shipley RB Clemson
Every offensive coordinator in the league is looking for a multi-purpose back with big-play capability as a runner and receiver. Shipley is a slippery scat back with exceptional vision, balance and burst. As a designated playmaker out of the backfield with home-run potential, he could carve out an excellent role as a change-of-pace option in the rotation.

5. Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois
There is always a place in the league for talented interior defenders with non-stop motors. Newton is the Energizer Bunny at the point of attack, and he has a combination of skills that enable him to win with force or finesse. He outworks and outlasts opponents at the line of scrimmage, producing sacks and splash plays on extra-effort attempts in the backfield.

Last edited:

Malhavoc

Reaction score
As deep as the OL is in this draft, it’s interesting he has only 1 Tackle on the list. And this is why if Wilson is available in round 2 he’s worth the risk IMO.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As deep as the OL is in this draft, it’s interesting he has only 1 Tackle on the list. And this is why if Wilson is available in round 2 he’s worth the risk IMO.
Well 2 but that is interesting. Good take.

I have a lot of respect for Bucky and his evaluations.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
If someone is talking Joe Alt in the top 10 he better be an All-Pro. I think Mitchell is another one that is going to be All-Pro.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Love Wilson, but he is a complete roll of the dice, could remain healthy for 10 years or retire in 3

Sydla

Reaction score
Some interesting OTs not even listed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some interesting OTs not even listed.
exactly, which is why I been saying all along that the front office may not be all that enamored with this years offensive tackle class early on. I think BPA is in play at 24. For me, its Cooper DeJean, Darius Robinson or we trade back and draft the only true LT in the 1st rd which is the BYU kid Kingsley. People won't like this but the team really loves Brock Hoffman at center. I agree with Bucky Brooks here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I bet our first 2 picks are defense. I say DeJean or Darius Robinson at 24 then Wilson at 56 or Cooper.

reddyuta

Reaction score
anybody remember the 2 guards we coveted which were snapped up just before our draft a few years ago? the point is even if they are highly rated there is no guarantee they will succeed.

Carson

Reaction score
I bet our first 2 picks are defense. I say DeJean or Darius Robinson at 24 then Wilson at 56 or Cooper.
Wilson is my favorite prospect. Won’t be mad at it. Only concern is the injuries and he is 24 today

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wilson is my favorite prospect. Won’t be mad at it. Only concern is the injuries and he is 24 today
I like Wilson with the understanding if we draft him, hes likely not getting a 2nd contract from the team. If they are fine with that,due to his medicals, then I say draft him. To me, the biggest bang for the buck at 24 with no trade downs is Darius Robinson at edge/DE or Dejean. Either can fill needs and start day 1 and impact the team big. DeJean can also play safety/cb/kr/pr.special teams ace. Sticky coverage and has a knack for the ball.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Wilson is certainly a roll of the dice. But I can’t fault the team for gambling on a Pro Bowl player in round 2 if he’s available. Would you take a Luke Kuechly or Roquan Smith type player for a few years ?

RS12

Reaction score
5. Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois
There is always a place in the league for talented interior defenders with non-stop motors. Newton is the Energizer Bunny at the point of attack, and he has a combination of skills that enable him to win with force or finesse. He outworks and outlasts opponents at the line of scrimmage, producing sacks and splash plays on extra-effort attempts in the backfield.
Best player in the draft nobody is talking about. They sent a lot of people to pro day but they could have been looking at other lower ranked prospects in the trenches.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Best player in the draft nobody is talking about. They sent a lot of people to pro day but they could have been looking at other lower ranked prospects in the trenches.
I can’t believe he may make it to 24 and we will likely pass on him for a lesser player.