Bucky Brooks: Mike McCarthy Has This Team Rolling

Zman5

Reaction score
People point to the teams we beat but those same teams beat teams fighting for a playoff spots right after losing to us. The Bengals beat the Steelers after losing to us and the Niners beat the Cards after losing to us. The teams we beat weren't as bad as their record indicated.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
People point to the teams we beat but those same teams beat teams fighting for a playoff spots right after losing to us. The Bengals beat the Steelers after losing to us and the Niners beat the Cards after losing to us. The teams we beat weren't as bad as their record indicated.
This is very true, but some people just look at the W/L record to determine if a win is worthy.

The truth is, Dallas looked like a completely different team the last few weeks. Very different than the early season Cowboys. When I say Dallas has improved it is because of how they played, not simply because they won a game. Much more discipline, urgency, physicality, and smarts.

Had they played this way all year, they’d have the playoffs locked up by now. Unfortunately, with McCarthy having zero offseason with the team, that never was going to happen.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
1. The team is playing better down the stretch

2. Garrett had a healthier team, no Covid adversity etc... and finished 8-8. Pretty crazy to think that MM could possibly finish 7-9 considering the adversity, injuries, and historically awful defense.

3. This recent success does not absolve this staff from all the mistakes. I still think Nolan needs to go. We clearly need to rebuild on D— and a 4 game winning streak and a 7-9 record does not mean there shouldn’t be some serious changes

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets hope we don't get out-coached today, because that's the only way we lose.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not sure why everytime a poster like this try's to put something positive - there's a wave of negative comments here just bashing how we beat crappy teams.

Packers have beat the following teams:
Jags, Panthers, Lions, Eagles, 49ers, Texans

Saints have beat the following teams:
Lions, Chargers, Panthers, 49ers, Broncos

Seattle have beat the following teams:

49ers, Eagles, Jets, WFT

The Cowboys have zero wins over teams with winning records. All three of those teams, not to mention the other 3 teams in our division, can claim otherwise.

The fact is the Cowboys have only beat crappy teams. That's not being negative, it's just the truth.

Reaction score
I think saying the Cowboys are on a roll is a stretch. This would have have accurate had say 2 of those 3 wins come against playoff teams. The 3 games they won were against backup QB's.

It's better to say they are playing better to the point that they are winning games they would lose earlier in the year. They are around average

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
yeahhhhhh arriba amigo..., bring on the jags... oh wait, we don't have the jags this week. ok never mind.

Havic

Reaction score
I would consider them on a roll. Back up QB, Makeshift OL and still putting up 30 a game these past few weeks. Combine that with good special teams play and a defense forcing turnovers. You dont pick your schedule and credit should be given for the turn around. Even if we dont make the playoffs, a lot of positives heading into next season.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
May be rolling into the off-season after 30 more minutes of football. Thankfully the Giants suck so a comeback is still realistic.