Bucky Brooks mock 1/23/23

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are fine at cornerback. Draft one and develop in the middle rounds. Bland is fine at 2nd cornerback and Isreal played well at nickel plus Lewis returns.
Bland was exposed against the 49ers playing outside. He needs to go in the slot and the Cowboys need another CB option. Lewis will be back, but I assume Brown won't be. I am fine with CB, WR, OL, DT at 26 as long as it is the best player available and not a need pick.

I have a feeling though that Dallas will take a RB because they will release Zeke and let Pollard walk in free agency.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Bland was exposed against the 49ers playing outside. He needs to go in the slot and the Cowboys need another CB option. Lewis will be back, but I assume Brown won't be. I am fine with CB, WR, OL, DT at 26 as long as it is the best player available and not a need pick.

I have a feeling though that Dallas will take a RB because they will release Zeke and let Pollard walk in

Bland had a excellent rookie season and will be a top 3 cornerback for us next season. The Cowboys will have 10 picks in the draft and I would bet they use all 10 and 8 will make the team. The Cowboys will look to draft someone at every position. Don’t be surprised when you hear they like some quarterback like the kid from Florida or the guy from Stanford.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are fine at cornerback. Draft one and develop in the middle rounds. Bland is fine at 2nd cornerback and Isreal played well at nickel plus Lewis returns.

How are they fine?

Brown is a FA and coming off injury. Bland got exposed a bit outside, seems like a good slot option. Lewis can't play outside either. Wright? Stop. Joseph is a bust.

They need CB help opposite Diggs. In a big way.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
How are they fine?

Brown is a FA and coming off injury. Bland got exposed a bit outside, seems like a good slot option. Lewis can't play outside either. Wright? Stop. Joseph is a bust.

They need CB help opposite Diggs. In a big way.
Bigger issues elsewhere. I came away more concerned about quarterback, wide receiver, running back and defensive tackle. The Corners held up well.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bigger issues elsewhere. I came away more concerned about quarterback, wide receiver, running back and defensive tackle. The Corners held up well.
The CBs opposite Diggs got mauled late in the year.

CB is a huge need.

Gaede

Reaction score
The CBs opposite Diggs got mauled late in the year.

CB is a huge need.
It is. Bland is not that player. He got burned as bad as ABrown, we just excused it cause he was a rookie. That spot is wide open.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You can just go ahead and forget that. The Joneses will never ever draft a DT in one.

The options this year will be CB, WR, LB, RB, DE like always
Positions of need though. Inside linebacker is a underrated need if they move on from LVE.

Sydla

Reaction score
It is. Bland is not that player. He got burned as bad as ABrown, we just excused it cause he was a rookie. That spot is wide open.
He's a slot guy and played well for a rookie there. He's not an outside guy. Bland taking over slot also allows you to move on from Lewis who you could save nearly $5 million in cap space if you cut.

MMILLER360

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-broo...ide-receivers-in-round-1?campaign=Twitter_atn

1. Chicago Bears - Will Anderson EDGE Alabama
2. Houston Texans - Bryce Young QB Alabama
3. Arizona Cardinals - Jalen Carter DT Georgia
4. Indianapolis Colts - C.J. Stroud QB Ohio St.
5. Seattle Seahawks (Denver) - Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech
6. Detroit Lions (L.A. Rams) - Bryan Bresee DT Clemson
7. Las Vegas Raiders - Paris Johnson Jr. T Ohio St.
8. Atlanta Falcons - Peter Skoronski T Northwestern
9. Carolina Panthers - Will Levis QB Kentucky
10. Philadelphia Eagles (New Orleans) - Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson
11. Tennessee Titans - Broderick Jones T Georgia
12. Houston Texans (Cleveland) - Quentin Johnston WR TCU
13. New York Jets - O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida
14. New England Patriots - Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame
15. Green Bay Packers - Brian Branch CB/S Alabama
16. Washington Badwords - Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn St.
18. Detroit Lions - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Drew Sanders LB Arkansas
20. Seattle Seahawks - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio St.
21. Los Angeles Chargers - Bijan Robinson RB Texas
22. Baltimore Ravens - Anthony Richardson QB Florida
23. Minnesota Vikings - Cam Smith CB South Carolina
24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kelee Ringo CB Georgia
25. New York Giants - Zay Flowers WR Boston College

26. Dallas Cowboys - Deonte Banks CB Maryland
Finding a partner for two-time Pro Bowler Trevon Diggs is imperative after watching Dallas CB2s struggle this season.

27. Buffalo Bills - Jordan Addison WR USC
28. Cincinnati Bengals - Darnell Washington TE Georgia
29. Denver Broncos (San Francisco thru Mia) - Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa
30. Kansas City Chiefs - Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M
31. Philadelphia Eagles - Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama
Would rather give our QB another weapon. Not sure if Banks is a first rounder.

J-man

Reaction score
OK, corner is a need, but with the emergence of Bland and the assumed return of Lewis and Brown I don't see it as a huge need. They could take one early, but probably mid-rd pick or they could address it via FA.
IMHO, a top WR is a must.
OL/DL are must haves as well.
LB is need too.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Assuming WR is addressed in free agency since it's so obviously a need that can't wait on a draft pick to blossom, and assuming we keep Terrance Steele and LVE, then things start to loosen up a bit. You can draft in a normal fashion, which is to build for the future.

Sydla

Reaction score
OK, corner is a need, but with the emergence of Bland and the assumed return of Lewis and Brown I don't see it as a huge need. They could take one early, but probably mid-rd pick or they could address it via FA.
IMHO, a top WR is a must.
OL/DL are must haves as well.
LB is need too.
Brown is a FA and coming off major surgery. Bland isn't an outside CB. Lewis is a potential cut candidate as he could save $5 million in cap space. He's not an outside CB either and with Bland's development, Lewis is expendable IMO.

shabazz

Reaction score
Would rather give our QB another weapon. Not sure if Banks is a first rounder.
Yup, a #2 wr is vital but we should be able to find one outside of the first round so that is an option

what we do need is a #1 corner and a #1 DT that can start day 1.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys did not struggle with CB2. Bland looks good and there is no way we pass on Addison but Zay Flowers is the guy I want.