Bucs paid fan who accidently rec'd Brady's 600th TD ball

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I would never have been pressured at the game to make that decision. I would have said... let me do a little research and I will get back to you. Then I would have negotiated. I have the ball, Im in the position of power. It is said that ball could be worth up to 500k. I would have then decided on what to do. Just heard the guy that caught Bonds record breaking HR ball declined whatever the Giants offered, and he then sold it on the open market for 750k. That is life changing money for many people. That would pay off my house and leave me 400k in the bank.

The bucs would have needed to give me club seats for life plus SB tickets for any SB the Bucs ever make... for life. plus whatever else I come up with. Thats not being selfish, but the Bucs could have done that and they would have missed NOTHING. That fan gave up 500k.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would never have been pressured at the game to make that decision. I would have said... let me do a little research and I will get back to you. Then I would have negotiated. I have the ball, Im in the position of power. It is said that ball could be worth up to 500k. I would have then decided on what to do. Just heard the guy that caught Bonds record breaking HR ball declined whatever the Giants offered, and he then sold it on the open market for 750k. That is life changing money for many people. That would pay off my house and leave me 400k in the bank.

The bucs would have needed to give me club seats for life plus SB tickets for any SB the Bucs ever make... for life. plus whatever else I come up with. Thats not being selfish, but the Bucs could have done that and they would have missed NOTHING. That fan gave up 500k.

This is in line with my co-worker's thinking. He also said he would not have made a decision at the game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My co-worker is saying this isn't enough. In fact, he's saying would NOT have given it back at the game.

Good or not ?:??????

One broker said the ball could've fetched 500k

I feel bad for the guy who gave it up. He said he wanted to keep it but gave in.
Then again, if he hadn't given it up he'd have been the most hated man in Tampa.

Can't believe Evans gave that ball away
:lmao:

Obviously, he was unaware that it was #600.

I'm guessing that Brady (who usually doesn't save the balls) slips this guy some real cash later.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That's a freaking fantastic deal. Why be a buttpipe? I'm not even kidding when I say I would have just accepted a replacement ball.
I get it, but you just give away 1/2 million dollars like that?

It's just a shame that he was put in that position by Evans giving the ball away.
He meant well....but it put everyone in an awkward position.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
BY the way, why you say I am morally bankrupt for my view that the fan should have held out for more, Peyton Manning and Jerry Jones both agreed with me and said the fan should have held out for more.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
One broker said the ball could've fetched 500k

I feel bad for the guy who gave it up. He said he wanted to keep it but gave in.
Then again, if he hadn't given it up he'd have been the most hated man in Tampa.

Can't believe Evans gave that ball away
:lmao:

Obviously, he was unaware that it was #600.

I'm guessing that Brady (who usually doesn't save the balls) slips this guy some real cash later.
Tom should, give him 500k , he can easily afford it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would have opted for all cash and the 2 season tickets. A half mil plus tickets or no
deal. He would have done that.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because some broker said it would bring $500k doesn't mean it would. It's the guy's job to get people to think memorabilia like this is super-valuable.

I would have held out for lifetime season tickets though, not just this year and next.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just because some broker said it would bring $500k doesn't mean it would. It's the guy's job to get people to think memorabilia like this is super-valuable.

I would have held out for lifetime season tickets though, not just this year and next.

The ball used to throw Brady's first TD pass was bought for 400k.

You think the ball that threw number 600, something never before done in the history of the NFL wouldnt have got that much? Maybe not, but it certainly was possible.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That's a freaking fantastic deal. Why be a buttpipe? I'm not even kidding when I say I would have just accepted a replacement ball.
The ball was the FAN's property.

If your house was worth 700k and I offered you 150k and the person offering the 150k really wanted your house but was low income, would you accept the offer out of the goodness of your heart?

Flamma

Reaction score
The ball was the FAN's property.

If your house was worth 700k and I offered you 150k and the person offering the 150k really wanted your house but was low income, would you accept the offer out of the goodness of your heart?

No. That's because I bought my house. If someone gave it to me by mistake I would think differently.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No. That's because I bought my house. If someone gave it to me by mistake I would think differently.
There was no mistake in Evans giving that ball to that fan. He looked for him in the stands, walked right up to him and handed it to him.