Bucs paid fan who accidently rec'd Brady's 600th TD ball

Flamma

Reaction score
There was no mistake in Evans giving that ball to that fan. He looked for him in the stands, walked right up to him and handed it to him.

Yeah I know. He shouldn't have. That was the mistake. He wasn't thinking or didn't know the value of that ball. It's a routine TD and he gave the fan a ball.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah I know. He shouldn't have. That was the mistake. He wasn't thinking or didn't know the value of that ball. It's a routine TD and he gave the fan a ball.
yes, and to me it is no different than the fan that lucked out and caught Barry Bonds record breaking homerun ball that ended up selling for 750k. The bucs wouldnt even notice it if they gave that fan 400k for the ball.... and what amazing PR the would have gotten. Its funny how the little guy is always supposed to do the right thing as big businesses file bankruptcy and screw over all their creditors just to open up another business under a different name.

Flamma

Reaction score
yes, and to me it is no different than the fan that lucked out and caught Barry Bonds record breaking homerun ball that ended up selling for 750k. The bucs wouldnt even notice it if they gave that fan 400k for the ball.... and what amazing PR the would have gotten. Its funny how the little guy is always supposed to do the right thing as big businesses file bankruptcy and screw over all their creditors just to open up another business under a different name.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't know the football was worth a lot of money. I just thought it was valuable to Brady.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I didn't know the football was worth a lot of money. I just thought it was valuable to Brady.
Brady's ball that he threw his first TD with sold for 400k. A sports memorabilia person estimated this particular ball could be worth somewhere close to 500k.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy could have been a hard butt and done all that if he had thought about it. He got some swag and bragging rights.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Knucklehead Evans should chip in too, as he's the one that gave the ball away
:muttley:

j/k
well not really, if Tom , the HC, the team are on the ball, they would have told the players, that toms
600 td could be this game and to keep the ball and give it to tom , then there would be no issue.

Flamma

Reaction score
Brady's ball that he threw his first TD with sold for 400k. A sports memorabilia person estimated this particular ball could be worth somewhere close to 500k.

Is it strange of me to find it ridiculous that someone would pay that much for a football? I can see the football being important to the player. What I can't see is some idiot willing to pay for it that had nothing to do with the game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm glad this guy wasn't greedy....I don't get why someone, unless they are really hurting for cash, would have kept it. He got a good deal, 15 minutes of fame and memories for a lifetime.....

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Meh I can get a football on Amazon for 20 bucks. Anyone who thinks it has any more value than that lives in a fantasy world.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Meh I can get a football on Amazon for 20 bucks. Anyone who thinks it has any more value than that lives in a fantasy world.
Id say anyone that hasnt come to grips with the FACT that an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, is living in fantasy land.

5 years ago house X sold for 159k. Now it just sold for 475k. So in 5 years the VALUE of the hosue almost tripled???? yea, because someone was willing to pay it.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Is it strange of me to find it ridiculous that someone would pay that much for a football? I can see the football being important to the player. What I can't see is some idiot willing to pay for it that had nothing to do with the game.
People, in the world, and it's a big world, that would pay that, would not accept any of your ridicule, as they make more in a day, than you make in a lifetime.

Flamma

Reaction score
People, in the world, and it's a big world, that would pay that, would not accept any of your ridicule, as they make more in a day, than you make in a lifetime.

What you said here is exactly my problem. I could have all the money in the world and would not give you 50 bucks for a football. I don't care if it's Tom Brady's 600th touchdown pass, what does that mean to me? Why would I want to pay for that? I guess I can understand some rich people like to sniff other people's jocks. But that's not me. If you want to pay a fortune for an item someone else made famous, that someone else worked for, have at it. Who am I to take that idiocy away from you? What do you have? Someone else's glory? You're a moron if you paid for that. But hey, spend away.