******* Bucs vs Skins Game Thread *******

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
umm, no he didn't. He was still bringing the ball in during the tackle, and didn't get the ball under control before it touched the ground.

That's what the rule is, that's what the ref said.

More often than not, they give the TD to that guy and it gets reviewed the other way. But the his body was luckily facing the Ref in the endzone and he saw the ball on the ground.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
he got tackled, then he fumbled. Easy as that. I hope the NFL ships all of their referees to Columbia, where we will never hear about them again. Stupid BS refs

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
you have to bring in the ball and control it, to fumble it later.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wheat said:
umm, no he didn't. He was still bringing the ball in during the tackle, and didn't get the ball under control before it touched the ground.

BS. He had possession - there was no bobbling - as soon as he hit the ground, the ball came out. Whether a receiver brings the ball into his body or not is irrelevant to a caught ball - you do catch with your hands.

Methinks there will be a lengthy madeup explanation of this rule ala tuck as soon as it is reviewed.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
he had control over it, enjoy your week. Once the Seattle Seahawks utterly DESTROY you, I'll enjoy the rest of my offseason

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
you might have the hottest sig, but you are making no sense. The ball was moving around when he was trying to bring it in.

It is TOTALLY relevant. Its in the rules. You have to had possesion and/or make a football move. He was trying to bring it in, and even if Tampa complains....they won't get any love when its reviewed again.

We got pissed with the tuck rule this year, but its the rule. It might suck. But its there.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Exactly, it's a question of possession. That's not what the ruling on the field stated.

He said, he has to have possession until he hits the ground and maintain it when he does. That is total BS.

hey sultan.....i agree with you..i think it is a stupid rule.

i mean....what's the difference between that call and when someone reaches the ball over the plane and someone swats it out of the ballcarriers hand?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
the next BS rule to come up: The Commander Rule

The Commanders must always win, we're tired of whiny Commanders fans, and especially ES

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
he had control over it, enjoy your week. Once the Seattle Seahawks utterly DESTROY you, I'll enjoy the rest of my offseason

We were one of the guys that said tampa was going to "destroy" Washington?

You wishing he had control doesn't make it true.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Wheat said:
you might have the hottest sig, but you are making no sense. The ball was moving around when he was trying to bring it in.

It is TOTALLY relevant. Its in the rules. You have to had possesion and/or make a football move. He was trying to bring it in, and even if Tampa complains....they won't get any love when its reviewed again.

We got pissed with the tuck rule this year, but its the rule. It might suck. But its there.

he does have the hottest sig!!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wheat said:

It is TOTALLY relevant. Its in the rules. You have to had possesion and/or make a football move.

The ball is always moving around. Just because the ball is moving into the body or not is IRRELEVANT to the question of possession. You CATCH with your hands. If you bring it into your body, that doesn't mean you have or don't have possesion. I have watched the replay several times and there was no bobbling at all.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
The ball is always moving around. Just because the ball is moving into the body or not is IRRELEVANT to the question of possession. You CATCH with your hands. If you bring it into your body, that doesn't mean you have or don't have possesion. I have watched the replay several times and there was no bobbling at all.

there was no bobbling.......only after his knees were down did the ball come loose.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lanecity1975 said:
there was no bobbling.......only after his knees were down did the ball come loose.
I thought it looked like the ball came loose when his elbow hit the ground. Until then, it was a completion.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
Regardless of the call, the Commander nation is even with alstott......
You were already even because Betts stepped out of bounds on the kick return.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I thought it looked like the ball came loose when his elbow hit the ground. Until then, it was a completion.

exactly. here is the timeline

Completion ----> TOUCHDOWN ----> Fumble -----> Recovery for a TOUCHDOWN

either way, TD Bucs