Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya, like none of us saw this coming a mile away... :rolleyes:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Hopefully their idea of competition isn't bringing in CFL and AFL kickers again like last year :confused:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theogt;3763082 said:
No matter when or where he's on the field, I can't watch. I don't trust him at all. I literally do not watch him kick; I get up and get a drink or use the restroom. I can't fathom how you keep a guy with that sort of trust level.

I have been reduced to this as well.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3762608 said:
[URL="http://www.dallascowboys.com/images/DavidBuehler_miss_122510_300.jpg"] [/URL]

GLENDALE, Ariz. - While Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seemed rather puzzled by so many aspects of Saturday's disappointing loss to the Cardinals, he did have quick and firm answer when asked about David Buehler being the team's kicker next week in Philadelphia.

"Yes, yes," Jones said. "Yes he will."

But he might not be so sure about the next season. In fact, even Cowboys special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis said he expects the Cowboys to at least bring some competition for Buehler, who missed an extra point in the final two minutes Saturday. The two-point lead didn't hold up, as the Cardinals marched down to boot the game-winning field goal and survive with a 27-26 win.

Even worse for Buehler was that he has been more consistent with his field goals, actually improving to 24-of-31 this season, including a 53-yard kick Saturday night.

But the extra point, especially the timing of it, was too much to overcome.

"He's improved this year, but I think he's got a long ways to go," DeCamillis said. "I think we definitely need to be looking at our options next year and make sure we bring some competition in."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=2215550C-F6AD-AF86-E01EEBDB094A31B9

Competition, can only be good for the Team, still cant figure out why he did have to compete last training camp for this spot ...

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
I was all for giving the guy a chance this season, but I think I've seen enough.

Personally, I'd cut him today for the fear factor and bring in somebody else, I don't care who.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised. I looked up his kicking stats from when he was at USC, and he was a 78% kicker there, which is not much better than his 76% NFL stat.

IMO, I just don't think he's going to get any better.