Building a team

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Over the off season I've heard a lot of you say that Jerry does some good things, but he isn't building this team correctly. What does he need to do first right off the bat. If he did this and other things, would it make us better?? Please give your thoughts

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry and Stephen have built this team to achieve their goals. Making the post season is the goal, not winning in it. This team and for the last few years, 5-6 at least have been built to make the post season yearly without having to possibly sacrifice a future year by giving up big draft picks or overspending. They have ensured the organization can field a regular season competitive team in the future so they can stay atop the hype train every year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen have built this team to achieve their goals. Making the post season is the goal, not winning in it. This team and for the last few years, 5-6 at least have been built to make the post season yearly without having to possibly sacrifice a future year by giving up big draft picks or overspending. They have ensured the organization can field a regular season competitive team in the future so they can stay atop the hype train every year.
This is exactly what's happening. I don't know why people believe otherwise. They're not even trying to hide it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol lol lol good post

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is exactly what's happening. I don't know why people believe otherwise. They're not even trying to hide it.
Yet they fill our heads up with the Superbowl talk as if they even attempted to build a team that could win one

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Over the off season I've heard a lot of you say that Jerry does some good things, but he isn't building this team correctly. What does he need to do first right off the bat. If he did this and other things, would it make us better?? Please give your thoughts
Lance 4 years for 40 million or Dak four years for 300 million. What can you assemble around Lance for 260 million dollars?

Creeper

Reaction score
First thing I would do is hire a really smart programming team to build me a CAP modeling application that allows me to look at all contracts going out 5 years, project new contracts, do what-if analysis, and offer scenarios from creating CAP space in any given year project the impact on future years. The NFL is all about getting the most talent for the money allowed so it has to start with knowing where the money is what how changes effect the rest of the CAP.

The second thing is, get rid of the idea that signing top tier free agents is a bad thing. If you are willing to overpay your own players, then overpaying someone else's is no worse, and could even help the team get better. Why wait for your #1 draft pick DT to develop, or he may never develop, when you can jump ahead 3 years and sign an established stud?

The 3rd things is, stop overhyping your own players then believing the hype. Players a not better just because they wear a Cowboys uniform. This may fool some fans, and even media, but on the field, in games, the truth comes out.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First thing I would do is hire a really smart programming team to build me a CAP modeling application that allows me to look at all contracts going out 5 years, project new contracts, do what-if analysis, and offer scenarios from creating CAP space in any given year project the impact on future years. The NFL is all about getting the most talent for the money allowed so it has to start with knowing where the money is what how changes effect the rest of the CAP.

The second thing is, get rid of the idea that signing top tier free agents is a bad thing. If you are willing to overpay your own players, then overpaying someone else's is no worse, and could even help the team get better. Why wait for your #1 draft pick DT to develop, or he may never develop, when you can jump ahead 3 years and sign an established stud?

The 3rd things is, stop overhyping your own players then believing the hype. Players a not better just because they wear a Cowboys uniform. This may fool some fans, and even media, but on the field, in games, the truth comes out.
post of the morning

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Lance is simply not a good QB. No team put around him is sniffing the Super Bowl.
I used the 40 million as an example bc thats Caleb williams deal. Think of all the talent you can surround Lance or a rookie with for 260 million.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry prefers splash to substance and he builds his team accordingly

He thinks WR, Corners, and TE are the most important positions on the team.

He wants to give the impression (whether true or not) that he is in control of all aspects of the team, including coaching and play calling. Which hampers the coaching staff in controlling the team.

He thinks "Controversy Creates Cash" and loves to say off the cuff remarks despite the adverse effects it has on the team and his players.

He thinks he is the biggest star on the Cowboys and wants to be front and center ....... You even have some of his fans on here saying things like "he is the Cowboys!" which is sad.

And he will never change ....... old dogs and such.